• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Few questions about installation.

raf88

Do i need install DashCore folder in appdata on drive C? Or can i install it anywhere? Currently i've installed it within Dash folder on E is that ok? I mean wallet works fine but i need to ask. Second question is how do i use backup of my wallet i think that i need to change name to wallet.dat and replace it with wallet.dat in Dash folder is that correct?

You can install in any folder on any drive. You can also choose another place for the data folder (the one that holds blockchain, config and your wallet, it should ask you where you wasnt to have it the first time you start your wallet). You can replace current wallet.dat with the one from your backup to get access to it but PLEASE make sure to save current wallet.dat somewhere first. You can also have multiple wallets under different names by using "-wallet=<walletname>" command line option e.g. "-wallet=wallet1.dat" or "-wallet=i_store_all_my_funds_here_unencrypted.dat" (make sure to encrypt that one :D).

Back