• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evolution 2fa login

martinf

I've heard in a number of presentations on Evolution how simple it will be to use: Just type in your username and password and magic happens.
I'm as excited as the rest of you, but I can't help to wonder if there will be more secure options available. Like u2f or other secure 2fa.
In one presentation (forgot which one) the phone acted as a second authenticator when a transaction was initiated on another device.

I assume Evolution won't make any steps backwards in terms of security. Hardware wallet solutions where the private keys are only available in secure devices will of course be supported. I'm just curious how it's supposed to work :)

I heard Ryan mention finger print verification on 2 separate occasions. Which is similar to how my banking app works. I assume it is something similar.

Short answer, good security is hard. Evolution will try to make everything as simple as possible for the user and to offer the best security it can within that but extra measures mean extra effort, even just entering a confirmation code from a second device would cause many users to complain about the inconvenience but that option will almost certainly be available. I'm not sure what additional security measures are on the roadmap now but 2fa was a key point in early discussions.

Back