• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Everything appears done right but MN still doesn't work...

David

So I've run MNs before this update and had no problem. For some reason I had really bad luck updating this go round, so I deleted all my darkcoin stuff on the remote server and started fresh. I went to the local and generated a new masternodeprivkey, updated my local darkcoin.conf and updated my remote darkcoin.conf, go into my local wallet and do masternode start, get "masternode started successfully." But when I log onto my remote and do ./darkcoind masternode list | grep IP I get a blank line. Nothing at all!

Also, do you have to send exactly 1000 DRK to a new address to create an MN? Can you send 1000.006?

The transaction fees are confusing as hell and I accidentally sent a fraction of a DRK too much.

OK, firstly I am a total newbie so please consider carefully following my instructions.

As above, ensure you peformed your previous steps with 1000DRK to a fresh address. If not, start again.

1) Reboot server, execute darkcoind....wait a few moments
2) Darkcoind getinfo (check its 10.12.31 which I assume you are aiming for)
3) Close your local wallet. Wait a couple of minutes
4) Open local wallet and follow the following instructions
4) walletpassphrase Password123 60
5) masternode stop
6) masternode debug
7) walletpassphrase Password 123 60
8) Masternode start

I repeat. I don't know what I'm doing. What I do know is that on occasion darkcoind has taken a while to load and connect to the network. In addition, local wallet commands can misbehave if you haven't got sufficient peer connectivity. Combine the two and you have a certain level of uncertainty.

I'd appreciate it if I am totally barking up the wrong tree if somebody calls me out. I've experienced similar though and occasional pauses in the process and closing local wallet before starting node remotely has worked for me.

Also, do you have to send exactly 1000 DRK to a new address to create an MN? Can you send 1000.006?

The transaction fees are confusing as hell and I accidentally sent a fraction of a DRK too much.

Sorry, didn't spot that it was your replying to your own post. I believe that it has to be 1000DRK precisely to a fresh recipient address.

Once again, flame away please if I am wrong.

I am a veteran of two weeks though so I can't imagine that I don't know it all yet ;)

I believe that it has to be 1000DRK precisely to a fresh recipient address.

Yes, it has to be precisely 1000 DRK - but the address does not have to be fresh :) So as long as there is a 1000 DRK vin, the masternode will work with that.

OK I think the problem is this:

I attempted to start MN1 with MN1 wallet loaded on local, but with local darkcoin.conf file pointing to the MN2 IP.

Now when I do ./darkcoind masternode list | grep <MN2 IP> I see two entries. I'm assuming that second one will fall off after some time so I can reattempt to start MN1?

OK I think the problem is this:

I attempted to start MN1 with MN1 wallet loaded on local, but with local darkcoin.conf file pointing to the MN2 IP.

Now when I do ./darkcoind masternode list | grep <MN2 IP> I see two entries. I'm assuming that second one will fall off after some time so I can reattempt to start MN1?
You can either wait for it to fall off, or create a new wallet.dat and masternodeprivkey for MN1 and start again.

FYI:

MN1 address got paid three times (2 yesterday 1 today) even though MN1 was started with MN2 IP in the local conf file, and even though MN2 shows up twice in the "darkcoind masternode list."

Back