• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evan speaking from Fintech Holland right now..

Thanks to dutchn0mad for streaming this and MrZilch for the post.

I hope someone is accumulating all the pictures and videos from Wednesday's and today's presentation into one condensed thread.

Great, Q&A was quite poor quality and it was hardly to hear but all the other stuff was cool.
Thnx eduffield and dutchn0mad & MrZilch for that!

+1, much appreciated. Interesting presentation and very interesting seeing which points had the crowd sitting up and paying attention, I'd love to have seen what would happen if the Evolution details where covered :)

Hate to be critical because there's no way I'd be able to even get up on the stage let alone give a quality presentation but... well, we're used to prepped and beautifully presented talking heads reciting carefully edited and audited scripts to perfection so anything less comes across as amateurish. Ok, the budgeting system's just getting started and that event is likely more about meeting folks face to face than presentations but maybe that's something the PR budget could cover, getting some high-class professional to get up there and grab their attention with something tweaked to get the most bang out of the time available?

Not knocking Evan at all, I wouldn't be one bit disappointed if I'd been there and personally I'd rather Dash built steadily than came out with the hard sell but there's room for pitching a hard sell there. I've no doubt Evan could knock the socks of anyone when it comes to face to face discussions on Dash but presentations are sales pitch and that's another language.

stan.distortion
I am not sure I understand your point. Can you elaborate more (in simple words)?

I'm suggesting using the PR budget to hire professional speakers for presentations.

That's not intended as a criticism of Evans presentation, I thought it was very good, but 4 minutes to introduce Dash to an audience that can be assumed to have a more financial than technical background is a tough job and if anything an intimate knowledge of the system is probably more a hindrance than a help. You know when you explain cryptos to a non techie and they get that glazed look, the one where you have to mentally rewind and look for comparisons with things they're likely familiar with? Its a lot tougher than it looks and 4 minutes is very little time to do it in, especially when Dash is so far ahead on innovation. Evan's 'da man for the Q&A part and for the face to face talks but the presentation is a sales pitch, working the crowd and getting them hooked, not something I've even the slightest idea how to do but I know how effective it can be when I see a professional speaker at work.

Thanks - now I understand it.
In principle - you are right and I agree with what you wrote. Nevertheless, there are 2 "small" issues with this:
1. The topic is so complicated that I do not know professional speaker, who could present it without making strong confusion
2. I think you strongly overestimated available budget :). Professional speakers are out of our range now. When Dash price will be e.g. 100USD/1Dash, this won't be a problem anymore

Anyway, I have other plan to address this issue. If it works, I will let you know immediately.

i think its mainly the time Evan had to introduce Dash and explain it to the crowd that was the limited factor here.
4 minutes is just too short too effectively describe Dash and all its implications for any speaker, specially if the crowd
is also not very familiar with the cryptocurrency in general and also unaware of the innovation thats taking place in the
altcoin scene.

So i just take this meeting as a way of pointing out the weaknesses of bitcoin to them and explain how Dash
fixes those weaknesses and hope in the end they get curious enough to do some investigation on Dash.

Reactions: AjM
Thanks - now I understand it.
In principle - you are right and I agree with what you wrote. Nevertheless, there are 2 "small" issues with this:
1. The topic is so complicated that I do not know professional speaker, who could present it without making strong confusion
2. I think you strongly overestimated available budget :). Professional speakers are out of our range now. When Dash price will be e.g. 100USD/1Dash, this won't be a problem anymore

Anyway, I have other plan to address this issue. If it works, I will let you know immediately.

Lol, cheers for that and I hope it goes well :) Sorry if any of that sounds disrespectful, its not intended that way at all. First impressions count and if there's even a small chance of making improvements from it then I'd rather say it and risk making a pariah of myself than keep quiet.

EDIT:
i think its mainly the time Evan had to introduce Dash and explain it to the crowd that was the limited factor here.

4 minutes is just too short too effectively describe Dash and all its implications for any speaker, specially if the crowd

is also not very familiar with the cryptocurrency in general and also unaware of the innovation thats taking place in the

altcoin scene.

So i just take this meeting as a way of pointing out the weaknesses of bitcoin to them and explain how Dash

fixes those weaknesses and hope in the end they get curious enough to do some investigation on Dash.

That's assuming they even know about Bitcoin to begin with, it was more or less guaranteed at the Bitcoin Wednesday presentation but not so at something more general like a FinTec conference. 4 minutes to cover both cryptos and where Dash stands amongst them... nigh on impossible.

I agree with Kot...a) there is something reassuring about seeing the founder up there, b) a professional speaker isn't likely to know enough about Dash to give a good presentation or answer questions

I'd be glad to speak at one of these events if the team sent me, but I don't know anything about the code itself. However, I'm sure we do have other competent speakers who could assist Evan since he can't be everywhere at once

I have tagged his name on this post and also asked him where you suggested. Thanks!
He shouldn't miss it now. tungfa does this question seem important to you ?

saw that
if it is important to you , good you are asking as it is time to get these 'issues' out of the way
(I posted my thoughts on this on the other thread already)

Edit:
i am not sure why the original post got split/reposted ?

MrZilch you might wanna check on the comments under the video

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan has the same right to privacy that we all expect to have, so asking him to publish his wallet addresses so that the whole world can see what he's doing is not just grossly unfair, but counter productive to the core goals of Dash. What's the point in having a privacy based currency if people are forced in to giving their privacy away at the first request.

I think the question "where did the coins that were mined in the first 24 hours go?" is a valid one, which needs a clear and decisive response. I'm sure Evan has one, he's written enough about it but being asked during a live presentation could throw anyone off a bit.

Flying to the other side of the world to talk to a live audience about something you've put that amount of effort in to takes a lot of balls, and it's something he will get better at with time. I'm sure :smile:

(...)
I think the question "where did the coins that were mined in the first 24 hours go?" is a valid one, which needs a clear and decisive response. I'm sure Evan has one, he's written enough about it but being asked during a live presentation could throw anyone off a bit.

Flying to the other side of the world to talk to a live audience about something you've put that amount of effort in to takes a lot of balls, and it's something he will get better at with time. I'm sure :smile:

Most of the questions there are "sandard" questions whenever we introduce DASH to the "outside world" people. I have been answering such questions a lot. And sometimes people can be harsh with us (simply because they are "scared of the different").

We must be prepared for such situations

I agree, it can be a uncomfortable situation, but the thing is: the community, and specially Evan, must have a good attitude, and show soundness of convictions, not only when answering picky questions like that.

DASH must always show it is sure of its importance. And for that, we need the dev team to continue their serious work, and we also need the community to be in tune, "speaking the same language", backing each other.

Our community cannot be poisoned and abased by the the troll attacks. Bigger trolls are certain to attack us in the future as soon as we grow (the bigger DASH is, the bigger the threats will be).

I miss the "Ambassadors" initiative. It should have progressed in a much better way.

I miss the "Foundation". IMO, the Foundation must be the voice of DASH: talking to governments, merchants, service providers and investors.

But, as you have said, not only Evan, but the DASH community will get better at with time.

Back