• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Errors on October batch D3

Bobb

My Sept batch miners work in a similar manner. They might work for days with only few errors and then suddenly it starts to grow and in an hour one asic is full of xxx. Usually 3d. I reboot and they work again.

The October batch is completely different. I have 2 and they do the same thing. It seems they error constantly. It's not alarming as the average hash rate is high and there is no xxx at all.. but the errors rise steady. 300 errors an hour on average.

And 90% of them on 3d board..

Anyone else has the same or in contrary has nothing like that. Please share.. may be I am doing something the wrong way.

Do you use nicehash?
My November batch showed up and only mine at 17.5 when labeled as 19.3 so that sucked right away.
Then I found they were reconnecting to pool every 5-10 minutes causing the fans to rev up to 6000+ RPM.
Then I found they were erroring out like you said at least once a day. So I used this guys script that restarted them automatically for me when they did..
(forum wont let me post link, so just google damnedd3.php)
Then I found a post saying they solved the fans issue by switching to ViaBTC, so I switched to them 2 days ago. Not only have the fans not rev'd up since, my logs show the auto-reboot script hasn't run since either! Which leads me to believe the constant reconnecting(fans revving) to the pool was possibly related to the hash boards "x"ing out.

thank you.. I think that's different problem. yours is network connectivity (the pool prob is overloaded and drops tcp connections - in this case the miner restarts and the fans go to max - that's a fact)... mine - they don't drop connections (I use antpool). the errors rise slowly but always. from first minutes. and reboot doesn't help at all... and I do not have X.. no X at all.. but the HW errors count rise.

Back