• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum Dark

Maybe - but we have other plans for Electrum-style servers in the future.

Encompass (a fork of Electrum) is the only one supporting Dash (any other custom version wouldn't make sense - so easy to add a coin to Encompass). It is already working as a normal client, with 3-4 servers supporting it. Furthermore, I am currently testing their implementation with Trezor support. Trezor has committed a pull-request to include Dash in their firmware 1.3.3 (trezor/trezor-mcu/coin.c) (already on Github, but yet to be released as a signed version by SatoshiLabs). Once SatoshiLabs releases their next firmware, Encompass will automatically support the Trezor. I haven't found any bugs so far. Encompass supports BTC, LTC, DASH, MZC, VIA (only the last two don't have Trezor support yet - SatoshiLabs don't believe that they have enough Market cap to include them in their firmware...). With Encompass, only one click is needed to swap between coin wallets, and the same Trezor wallet can accommodate all three coins on one unit. The first true Multi-coin HW wallet in the world! Encompass made it possible - version 0.5.0 is what you are looking for. If you want to experiment with their beta version at https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass and provide them with feedbacks - it would be great!

sounds great, especially regarding the recent Trezor firmware release. Do you have a TREZOR and got a chance to try it out with Encompass yet?
Will have a look into Encompass right now :)

sounds great, especially regarding the recent Trezor firmware release. Do you have a TREZOR and got a chance to try it out with Encompass yet?
Will have a look into Encompass right now :)
Yes, on Encompass Trezor works great with BTC, LTC, and DASH, all on the same unit.
In a few weeks, Encompass plan to release version 0.5, that will also support multisignature on all their supported coins.

Yes, on Encompass Trezor works great with BTC, LTC, and DASH, all on the same unit.
In a few weeks, Encompass plan to release version 0.5, that will also support multisignature on all their supported coins.
Could you demonstrate how to get Trezor to work with Encompass? Thank you.

Like Electrum 2.1, create a new wallet - select Create New Wallet - Hardware wallet type, then Trezor - that's it. Then you can go to Wallet --> Change Currency and select the currency you want (Trezor itself supports only BTC, LTC, Dash) - so MZC and VIA, also supported by Encompass won't be supported by the Trezor (yet).

However, you can't use the Encompass versions that are pre-packaged for Windows. Only release 0.5 will have the Windows binaries with Trezor support. However, you can download the latest Github repo (/mazaclub/encompass) and try it. Note that you also have to manually install the Trezor Github repo (/trezor/python-trezor). Follow the instructions of the respective readme files.

Encompass Lightweight wallet v 0.5.0 is finally out.

Multi-currency Electrum style wallet with support for:

- DASH, BTC, LTC standard wallets
- DASH, BTC, LTC Trezor wallets,
- DASH, BTC, LTC multi-signatures wallets (2 of 2 / 2 of 3)

Linux, OSX, Windows binaries (and source) available at https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass/releases

With Encompass I can hold my stashes of BTC, LTC and DASH on only one Trezor ! Very cool !

World first!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have Trezor so haven't tested this part but in general (sending/receiving) it seems to work well. Synced in no time literally (Dash blockchain headers is only 20 MB). And btw to get Encompass synced on Dash network you have to switch from SSL to TCP in Network Settings (or at least I wasn't able to sync on SSL, not sure).

So, yeah, huge "Thank you!" to ELM4ever for pushing this and also to everyone who contributed code and who run Electrum servers for Dash!

In the encompas code:

DEFAULT_SERVERS = {
'electrum.darkcointalk.org':DEFAULT_PORTS, # propulsion
'drk1.electrum-servers.us':DEFAULT_PORTS, # elm4ever
'electrum.drk.siampm.com':DEFAULT_PORTS, # thelazier
'electrum-drk.club':DEFAULT_PORTS, # duffman
}

Plus mine drk.p2pay.com

In the encompas code:

DEFAULT_SERVERS = {
'electrum.darkcointalk.org':DEFAULT_PORTS, # propulsion
'drk1.electrum-servers.us':DEFAULT_PORTS, # elm4ever
'electrum.drk.siampm.com':DEFAULT_PORTS, # thelazier
'electrum-drk.club':DEFAULT_PORTS, # duffman
}

Plus mine drk.p2pay.com
Thanks. I just went back one page up and saw those also. Thanks for confirming. :)

Back