• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dummy MN ....>

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
okj guys, question

- i migrated a MN (which was in Australia and did not get any payment in over a week) from 1 location to another on Amazon. Here is there , up and running and all good !

- i set up a wallet for him with a new dark coin.conf file (changes ip and all in there)

When i tried to start the MN from the wallet, i got this:
inbound port is not open. Please open it and try again. (19999 for testnet and 9999 for main net)
(the Amazon server has same security settings as my other MN's)

so i guess i have to:
- now i have to change the darken.conf file in the MN , correct ?!
Well i am stuck, as all guides show me how to do this in Linux, but i am on a max and happy to use Terminal !
Anybody has a pointer how to proceed ?

(Ghostplayer is on holidays and i am trying to sort and learn this by myself)
Tx for any help

okj guys, question

- i migrated a MN (which was in Australia and did not get any payment in over a week) from 1 location to another on Amazon. Here is there , up and running and all good !

- i set up a wallet for him with a new dark coin.conf file (changes ip and all in there)

When i tried to start the MN from the wallet, i got this:
inbound port is not open. Please open it and try again. (19999 for testnet and 9999 for main net)
(the Amazon server has same security settings as my other MN's)

so i guess i have to:
- now i have to change the darken.conf file in the MN , correct ?!
Well i am stuck, as all guides show me how to do this in Linux, but i am on a max and happy to use Terminal !
Anybody has a pointer how to proceed ?

(Ghostplayer is on holidays and i am trying to sort and learn this by myself)
Tx for any help
I think your problem is located on your linux vpn.
Check if your port 9999 is open

# iptables -L -n

Hi Tungfa,what dotnetmin meant was: is the port 9999 on your Amazon instance is open ?

Here is a couple easy steps to start the debugging process:

On your Amazon instance:
-Are you sure that darkcoind is running ? If you do 'darkcoind getinfo' does it returns any result ?
-Try to scan the local port to see if port 9999 is responding: '' nmap "amazonIP" -p 9999 it should return something like <9999/tcp open > if not revisit your iptables config!

tungfa

On your local Mac,
System Preferences > Sharing > Firewall, then New. Name it Darkcoin and allow 9999 TCP incoming connections.

Also, your home router has to be port forwarding to your internal IP address of your Mac.

Hey Guys
thanks for the support,
but this is way out of my league ! (sorry i kind of knew this before)
Before i drive you all nuts out here
i will wait a bit for ghostlier to come back and he will sort me out !

I am ok with wallet and all, managed to connect to my amazon, but then it is all loosing me !
Tx again

If you change your location, you changed your IP.
Did you change it in the configuration file of the Local wallet?

Try from your local if you can connect to the MN remote at 9999 :
telnet IP_remote 9999

If darkcoind started on your remote you should see some sign on your cmd screen.

Back