• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DS stopped at 97%

Bilbao

Hello

All is in the title. Even with the last version and after "upgrading" my wallet I see no progress after 97%
I have the following messages (sorry for the translation, I can't find the English language in the last version)

Denom submitted : ND
---
Darksend is inactive
Incomplete darksend request. Expired session. Will retry...
---

Should I have to "reinitialize" ?

When I was making a how-to video for Darksend a while back I luckily got to 100% on one mixing session. I am yet to see another successful 100% mixing session. I'm about to attempt another 50 darksend mixing through two rounds. Will let you know if I get to 100%.

What is your darksend balance compared to your normal balance? (it tells you on overview screen).

Hello

All is in the title. Even with the last version and after "upgrading" my wallet I see no progress after 97%
I have the following messages (sorry for the translation, I can't find the English language in the last version)

Denom submitted : ND
---
Darksend is inactive
Incomplete darksend request. Expired session. Will retry...
---

Should I have to "reinitialize" ?
This is an issue that the devs are trying to resolve. I have a wallet that DS stopped at 94% while some of the denoms had 7 rounds but for some reason could not keep going to the finish line!

What I've done is I increased the rounds... Like if you set your rounds to 8 (which is the default maximum) and the wallet won't get all of your Dash denominated inputs to 8 rounds, increase the rounds to 9 or higher by putting this line in dash.conf:

darksendrounds=9

Save it, then restart your wallet and start the mixing again. The denominated inputs that didn't seem to get anonymized now start to pair with others and keep going.. That's how I'm doing it.

EDIT: If the change of rounds is 8 or less, you can adjust your rounds in Settings >> Options...
EDIT: Actually this is a "hit and miss" when you try to pair with other mixers on the net... like if you can not find pairs of 0.100001 dash to pair with... it can take a while... Another solution I can think of is adding more dash to mix or just have to accept the balance of DS amount that you have on your wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, thanks for your answers.

The amount Darksend was unable to treat was 0,3. I added darksendrounds=9 in my conf file.
But at the next restart all my darksend balance have disappeared...

Hello, thanks for your answers.

The amount Darksend was unable to treat was 0,3. I added darksendrounds=9 in my conf file.
But at the next restart all my darksend balance have disappeared...
They haven't disappeared. If you look on the Coin Control they are there with 8 rounds or less. Because you don't have any DS inputs with 9 rounds yet that's why they're not showing under 9 rounds.

This is a problem due to the way darksend works and the way the GUI is set up (namely that it is displayed as a %). So because darksend breaks up the amount you want to anon and then finds partners to mix with, this means when you initially have lots of inputs it is easy to find partners and mix your coins and reach a high percentage of completion.However due to the fact that there are not thousands of people anonymizing coins yet, so finding people the mix the last exact remaining combination of coins is quite difficult.

However Joe Average will see that 90ish % competition and think their coins aren't 100% anonymous yet or that the "entire" process of anonymizing has not completed and since this last part takes the longest it frustrates people/ gives them the impression that it does not work very well. This is in my opinion a greatest obstacle on adoption and since we are clearly going to start to PR, I bet this will be a common complaint.

So what I suggest perhaps something like this.

5rounds-80
4rounds-25
3rounds-125
2rounds-15
1rounds-5.5

Total Coins anonymised 80/255.5

Back