• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

defining default directory for dashd/dash-cli

jimbursch

I have successfully installed a dash-qt wallet with a data directory that is different from the default.

I am able to run
./dashd -datadir=/my/new/dir/.dashcore
and
./dash-cli -datadir=/my/new/dir/.dashcore getinfo
successfully.

Is it possible to set the new data directory as default for dashd and dash-cli so that I don't have to use the -datadir= command all the time?

This is my current directory structure:

~/Dash/.dashcore
~/Dash/dashd
~/Dash/dash-cli

Is this what you seek?

Clipboard01.png

I see that is where the data directory is set for dash-qt. My questions is, where do I set the data directories for dashd and dash-cli?

Ah, no idea for that, but cant you move dashd and dash-cli to the same folder where dash-qt is located?

You can create ~/.dashcore/ and put dash.conf there. Specify "datadir=/path/to/real/datadir" and all other parameters you need in that dash.conf and it _should_ work.

You can create ~/.dashcore/ and put dash.conf there. Specify "datadir=/path/to/real/datadir" and all other parameters you need in that dash.conf and it _should_ work.

Tried that, didn't work. ./dashd is still creating new wallet at ~/.dashcore instead of opening the existing wallet at ~/Dash/.dashcore.

According to https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/1867876/Running+Dash
All command-line options (except for -datadir and -conf) may be specified in a configuration file

I can probably work out a bash scripting solution, but it seems to me that ./dasd and ./dash-cli should be able to set a default datadir.

Back