• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Deep Cleanse Hard Drive Software and also software for recycle bin?

theplague

Hi guys.

I'm looking for the best free (or paid....As long as it doesn't log anything or send logs back to the company) software that does a deep cleanse / permanent deep deletion of everything on an external hard drive if you guys could list any please.

I'm also after software that does the same to just the recycle bin.

If it means downloading multiple programs then I'm cool with that as long as the programs are safe and do a good job.

I want to make sure that when I delete private encryption keys, sensitive documents etc they aren't recoverable once they're gone EVER. The closest thing I've found to making sure that things are permanently deleted is setting fire to the hard drive.....I don't want to do that as I want to be able to use it time and time again :)

Thanks in advance :D

Cool thanks! I'll check it out now :D

I found another after creating this thread called 'Bleachbit' and wondered if anyone has any thoughts on it?

Thanks

Before I throw old disks away I use TrueCrypt partition encryption because I already own it.

Probably not as good as overwriting each block a gazillion times, but for 'normal' data (like family photos and stuff) sufficient.

BTW, private encryption keys and sensitive documents should never be stored on 'plain' disks anyway...properly encrypt your disk and you don't have to care when you want to throw it away :cool:

Back