• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Decrease the miner payout to 25% and use that for marketing

we should decrease the miners payout percentage and put that for marketing

• yes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • no

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters

Dashmaximalist

right now miners get as much as the masternodes, but it doesnt have to be that way, we have enough mining power to protect us ,we should use some of the money to increase the marketing budgets instead of wasting it on electricity

ethereum is already thinking of complete Pos , so we dont have too long before we get the act right

The current treasury isn't paying out even close to 100%.

I think, if we go balls deep in to marketing before evolution we might just alienate non-tech people.
Once the user experience is sorted then we can revisited this.

as commented on your other thread ( no need to double post)
nobody is "waiting" money on mining !
do your reaereach and u will figure that without miners no blocks are "ticking" down that network ! (no blocks = no network )

Miners deserve to get what they make! I think the current percentage is fair, but treasury could definitely be allocated more wisely with unique marketing tactics.

Can someone please explain the issue with decrease miner payout and giving that to treasury

Please explain the technical and economical reasons in detail thanks

It's simple. More hashing power, more secure network.
Marketing budget will raise naturally with the value of Dash. I don't think there is any need for changing the current formula.

At what cost ? How much security do we need ? That way dash is unnecessary because Bitcoin model is far more secure right

The treasury is not currently maxing out it's budget. There is plenty room for marketing still, and the miners shouldn't have to be the one's footing the bill so to speak. If you make it less profitable to mine, people won't like that. You are asking for the people that are helping to put the coins into circulation in the first place to take a pay cut, when it shouldn't be necessary. Give the DAO a chance to work the way it is intended to, before proposing putting more funding into an already under utilized budget.

Also, I don't see much use in spending a lot on marketing to the average user, until Evolution is up and running.

The treasury is not currently maxing out it's budget. There is plenty room for marketing still, and the miners shouldn't have to be the one's footing the bill so to speak. If you make it less profitable to mine, people won't like that. You are asking for the people that are helping to put the coins into circulation in the first place to take a pay cut, when it shouldn't be necessary. Give the DAO a chance to work the way it is intended to, before proposing putting more funding into an already under utilized budget.
Ok i agree that we should make good use of treasury but i fail to understand one thing , what happens exactly when miners get little less ?

Yeah evolution needs to be rolled out asap. So we can do that, but I don't see the harm in maybe marketing evolution to the masses a bit more beforehand. Also I do like the idea of a marketing strategy group. To work these things out a bit better.

Ok i agree that we should make good use of treasury but i fail to understand one thing , what happens exactly when miners get little less ?
They just won't like it, if the miners aren't happy, the network ultimately suffers, the current formula is already a compromise where the miners receive less simply for the good of the DAO.

Yeah evolution needs to be rolled out asap. So we can do that, but I don't see the harm in maybe marketing evolution to the masses a bit more beforehand. Also I do like the idea of a marketing strategy group. To work these things out a bit better.

Yes , there needs to be a dedicated marketing strategy group so it happens professionally

We have great Devs but we need equally good or better marketers

They just won't like it, if the miners aren't happy, the network ultimately suffers, the current formula is already a compromise where the miners receive less simply for the good of the DAO.

Yes correct , the current formula is great , however imagine a future the mining power gets very high like Bitcoin then we could do with little less mining don't you think ??

Yes but that's probably a few years out yet. Unless popularity and use explode from the introduction and marketing of evolution. But still a conversation to pin for the future, when dash really takes off I guess.

Yes but that's probably a few years out yet. Unless popularity and use explode from the introduction and marketing of evolution. But still a conversation to pin for the future, when dash really takes off I guess.

the point is this ,every dash thats wasted to pay for electricity is a dash that could have done to do something good for the dash currency marketing, now we pay this cost to get protection obviously , but we need to draw the line some where and say ok we got some 160000000 MHs now so may be we are safe enough

we need this hard practical thinking

Marketing push should happen *AFTER* evolution is ready and stable and tested.

For now we can do marketing, but only limited to the Bitcoin community.

Last edited:
Back