• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Decentralized Budgeting Results

At the risk of sounding ignorant, but much preferring to maintain honesty over appearances, I will say that I don't know/understand the mechanism by which I, as a Masternode operator am able to cast a vote through my Masternode. I did see that this issue was up for vote, and would have voted "yeah" myself, and from the posts on here it appeared the vast majority were going to vote "yeah" as well, so figuring or finding out how to vote did not have any "urgency" or really any benefit for me. That said, I would certainly like to be able to exercise my "voting rights" as a masternode operator in the future.

So...here are a few questions:

1. How do I find out what issues are currently open for a vote?
  2. How can I be notified of new issues when they come up for vote?
  3. Is there any way that I, as an operator can put an issue up for vote, or is that something which only the developers can do?
  4. How can I cast a vote?
I strongly suspect that I am not the only one with the questions, and that anyone giving detailed answers to these will be doing a service many other users. I will also be posting the answers on http://PlanetCrypton.com as a tutorial, thus further assisting other users.

Thanks in advance for any information!
Thank you for your help and it's a very good questions you have. moli just gave links to all the info Evan provided earlier in voting thread (thanks moli!), I can only add that though there are already so many code written (mostly by Evan, I was reading and giving some ideas earlier but he is The Creator for sure :) ) but we are still in early ages of development. We are exploring and there are still some undecided/unimplemented things and some "decided" might change also. "The First Vote" we had was about the idea in general and some provided insights/thought/visions on proposed implementation, nothing is written in stone yet - look at DS when it started and what it's now (and it's still have things to improve, working in it).
For example
[*]How can I be notified of new issues when they come up for vote?

In the past I made a suggestion for all MN operators to sign up for emails and be notified when there's an update, etc. But I'm not sure if this has been put in place. We have to ask eduffield about this. In the meantime, you can be informed by checking the Official Announcement forum every day.
Yes, I guess we can make an "official" weekly/daily mail notification robot or template for it for example but because we want all proposals to be on network I really hope there will be some "3rd party" services/websites/mobile apps for that kind of things. Maybe it could be integrated in some awesome masternode monitoring app :rolleyes:? Maybe even one of proposals could implement some form of notification we can't even think about now like sms or whatever else? Why not? I hope the power behind the idea will drive its own implementation changes/options too.

I hope the power behind the idea will drive its own implementation changes/options too.
This is absolutely key. The Dev team is killing it, coding with aplomb, but for there to be real success, we need to have an ever-growing community with freelance coders who see a need, use their skills to fill it, and offer it to the community. The more people working on this infrastructure, "building the darkness" if you will :grin:, the better.

Back