• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dashd error in masternode launch

T

toknormal

Hi

I renamed .darkcoin to .dash and deleted blocks and peers.dat. Now when I run dashd I get this message:

"Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?"

Any ideas ?

You shouldn't delete blocks/ - blockchain is the same. Now you need to delete chainstate/ too to be able to run it.

WHen I launched it the first time it complained of a corrupt - something - I can't remember what it was, I think it was the blockchain. ok will delete chainstate. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: ok it launched. Downloading blockchain - thanks again.

Last edited:
WHen I launched it the first time it complained of a corrupt - something - I can't remember what it was, I think it was the blockchain. ok will delete chainstate. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: ok it launched. Downloading blockchain - thanks again.
Surprised you opted to delete blocks/chainstate... had you left them untouched, you wouldn't need to rebuilt the chain :p

Thanks Tao. I'll have a think abut that (once I get my MN's started again).

So I've got them up and running but when I do masternode start-many from the local wallet I get 0 masternodes started. Any ideas ? Does the blockchain have to be sync'd in the local wallet ? My local wallet has stopped syncing for some reason. It got up to block 245000 something and then stopped. Otherwise I left everything the same except renamed darkcoin.conf to dash.conf (both in local wallet and masternodes). I don't need to regenerate the masternode keys do I ?

P.S. Forgot to say, MacOS 10.9.5 with QT as the local wallet

EDIT: ok, now I'm sync'd and it still reports "Successfully started 0 masternodes", so still no start.

Thanks Tao. I'll have a think abut that (once I get my MN's started again).

So I've got them up and running but when I do masternode start-many from the local wallet I get 0 masternodes started. Any ideas ? Does the blockchain have to be sync'd in the local wallet ? My local wallet has stopped syncing for some reason. It got up to block 245000 something and then stopped. Otherwise I left everything the same except renamed darkcoin.conf to dash.conf (both in local wallet and masternodes). I don't need to regenerate the masternode keys do I ?

P.S. Forgot to say, MacOS 10.9.5 with QT as the local wallet

EDIT: ok, now I'm sync'd and it still reports "Successfully started 0 masternodes", so still no start.

No, there is no need to change masternodeprivkey-s.

Does "masternode list-conf" give you list of your masternodes correctly?

Sorry it was too late at night. It is now morning, I've had my coffee and immediately realised I hadn't migrated "masternode.conf" to the new dash folder - duh. Too long since I did it and I forgot about that extra config document.

Now they start perfectly. Up and running - YA BYOOTIE !

Thanks for all the help.

Back