• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet - Private Key Export/Import (video)

Will the import work on an existing wallet I currently have? (Consolidating a couple of old normal and masternode addresses) to my currently wallet.

Will the import work on an existing wallet I currently have? (Consolidating a couple of old normal and masternode addresses) to my currently wallet.
There si the difference between the wallet.dat (contains the addresses) and the addresses (is a single place on which you can receive the funds) , you can import each address you have dumped earlier even from old wallet version to the newest wallet.dat with no problems at all.

Remember to backup always the wallet.dat and to keep the privatekeys in secure place.

This might be a dumb question but if you dump private key from one wallet and import to new wallet (with different password of course) will both wallets have access to the funds?

This might be a dumb question but if you dump private key from one wallet and import to new wallet (with different password of course) will both wallets have access to the funds?
Not dumb, its a good question, I tried that trying to create a masternode payment address in another wallet, and basically yes they will share the value but only if you keep the balance in that change address, so if you (accidently) spend some of it, it may move to another change address in the same wallet (enable coin control features).

Look at it like a shared bank account number with your partner, if she moves it to another account number in the same bank you will no longer have access to it, and likewise she could also deposit more to that specific address (using inputs from coin control features)

Yes, and if 10 people will import the key to their wallets they all can have access to the funds, remember that who posses the privkey posses the practical access to the coins.

The video in Tungfa's post at the top of this thread seems to have been taken down by the owner - anyone know if theres another copy around?

Back