• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash update and Abe

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
Does anyone know the config for Abe install after updating to ./dashd?

Is it just

Code:
datadir = [{
        "dirname": "/***pathtodash***/.dash/",
        "loader": "blkfile",
        "chain":   "Dash",
        "code3":   "DASH",
        "address_version": "\u004c" }]

Does anyone know the config for Abe install after updating to ./dashd?

Is it just

Code:
datadir = [{
        "dirname": "/***pathtodash***/.dash/",
        "loader": "blkfile",
        "chain":   "Dash",
        "code3":   "DASH",
        "address_version": "\u004c" }]

Did you ever get this this figured out? Finally getting around to upgrading my explorer and I'm missing something obvious.

UDPATE: My blocks update when I startup ABE running against DASH. However, ABE is no longer updating automatically.

flare: Any ideas? You originally helped me get ABE setup and running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you ever get this this figured out? Finally getting around to upgrading my explorer and I'm missing something obvious.

UDPATE: My blocks update when I startup ABE running against DASH. However, ABE is no longer updating automatically.

No, I haven't. Used another source for the time being, but really keen to get it sorted. Let me know how you get on!

• to get it run: just change the path from .darkcoin to .dash in abe.conf (nothing else). But the links in the web block-explorer will still say Darkcoin.
  • to get it run as Dash: install this one: https://github.com/crowning-/bitcoin-abe

It works/syncs fine over here, but for reasons I don't have the time to figure out it only displays blocks up to 244229 in the web interface.

Could be a local database problem, I seem to remember that this might be the last block added as Darkcoin.

Try it and please report back. If it works on your system I'll create a pull-request to the official bitcoin-abe repository.

• to get it run: just change the path from .darkcoin to .dash in abe.conf (nothing else). But the links in the web block-explorer will still say Darkcoin.
  • to get it run as Dash: install this one: https://github.com/crowning-/bitcoin-abe
It works/syncs fine over here, but for reasons I don't have the time to figure out it only displays blocks up to 244229 in the web interface.

Could be a local database problem, I seem to remember that this might be the last block added as Darkcoin.

Try it and please report back. If it works on your system I'll create a pull-request to the official bitcoin-abe repository.

When I fire up ABE with python -m Abe.abe --config abe-my.conf, the blocks get added to MySQL. However, it's still not automatically pulling from dashd.

Also noticed that I don't have a Dash.pyc file in the Chain directory. Shouldn't this be created automatically when launching ABE?

I have ABE working again with the changes from crowning. Thanks. I did have to re-create the database.

Also setup a cron job so ABE will retrieve new blocks every minute.

I have ABE working again with the changes from crowning. Thanks. I did have to re-create the database.

Also setup a cron job so ABE will retrieve new blocks every minute.

I had this Abe-not-automatically-updating problem also. Did rebuild the Abe-database 3 times from scratch with 3 different databases, no difference.

What fixed the issue:

1. delete blocks- and chainstate-folders from .dash
  2. re-sync the Dash blockchain from scratch
  3. delete the complete Abe-database, e.g. when you use mysql:
    1. connect to database: mysql -u root -p
    2. delete database: drop database abe;
    3. create it again: create database abe;
    4. give user abe the permissions again: grant all on abe.* to abe;
  4. rebuild the Abe-database: python -m Abe.abe --config abe.conf --commit-bytes 1 --no-serve
It's important to connect to the database as user "root". I tried it with user "abe" first and it did NOT work.

Edit: here's the pull-request for later reference: https://github.com/bitcoin-abe/bitcoin-abe/pull/169

Edit^2: pull requests for Abe seem to be merged every other year or so :rolleyes:, so here's the link again to my repository: https://github.com/crowning-/bitcoin-abe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back