• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Project Overview Presentation

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Dash Community,

During the recent months I have been working on multiple Dash presentations and have created many slides for conferences and events. Based on those materials, I have prepared a general presentation about Dash targeted to regular people, who know nothing (or very little) about Dash and crypto-currencies in general. The presentation contains no technical information and should be presented as simple as possible without buzzwords and complicated language.

There are two alternative slide decks with the Dash project overview. Use them to promote Dash and present the project to all potential users and merchants.

As the presentation is dedicated for new users, it starts from quick explanation what crypto-currencies are, after that Dash is introduced with its current features. Next slides explain how Dash decentralized governance and funding work, show opportunities for investors and present Dash Evolution concept together with two DashPay wallet mockups.

Both slide decks are available on this page: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash+Project+Overview+Presentation

or directly under the following locations:
Variant A: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/68550659/Dash-Overview-v1.0A.pdf
Variant B: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/68550659/Dash-Overview-v1.0B.pdf

Enjoy and promote Dash :)

Last edited:
kot. ...I would express some reservations... and I am aware of your intent to display for those new to crypto concepts and DASH in particular...

using 'innovative' and 'incentivized' ... both lead to further questions because they are ambiguous and undefined...

'User-oriented Features' ... well, Gosh ! they had Better be, since there are few command line OS users left ! It's GOT to be GUI or stay at home !
...and if your intent was to express value for a user, well, of course it must be a useful tool !

There has most recently been a HUGE debacle within the small portion of the crypto community I view regarding an Ethereum side chain entitled theDAO.
IF a new person is in any way familiar with this term dao, it's possibly a negative connotation unles you are able to describe the benefits in the same breath.
...furthermore, we are nearing the end of the month of August, and to declare DASH is in it's 1st 30 day month of DAO implementation is, perhaps, un-wise ???

Next, your bullet point identifies 'incentivized 2-tier infrastructure' ???? Wow! Big, awkward words, sure to confuse someone new to the world of crypto currency, IMO.

I find it disconcerting when presentation points are introduced with a question... What is DASH ?

IMO, it is better practice to inform your audience what you are about to tell them, make your point clearly in detail, then, advise them what you have just told them about.
...IF, a question is asked, it may lead the mind of the audience to stray ! lol

My apology for a negative presentation in rebuttal to your query.
I am unable to devote the time you have obviously devoted to the project, yet hope you may consider my thoughts when developing slides for a presentation.

Thank you for presenting your work !
rc

Thanks for your feedback @rustycase :)

Let me add some explanation and address some of your concerns. This presentation is not supposed to be a file that you could send to your friend and let him read to learn about Dash. It is a tool that supports a presenter with some visuals. It should be used during a talk/presentation, so the presenter could give a context and explanation to what is displayed on the slides.
Maybe some day in the future I will work on the type of presentation that could be just watched and it will have all information to read - I find it an interesting idea.

PS. About DAO and August - look at the year :)

Last edited:
Back