• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH-enabled ICO-like "Dokens" ... A Proposal

BitcoinDoctor

I'm an urban farmer.

Stable non-inflationary pricing where the currency used to pay farmers and farm hands is rising in value could revolutionize the world of local food production. Using DASH alone might accomplish these efforts, but a token specifically designed for this space with its own unique monetary policy might be more appropriate.

I want people all over the world to benefit from local farmers in their communities growing food and profiting from the sale of that food locally without pressures from governments' unstable currencies hampering their efforts.

We are making money, but we need funding so that we can develop our curriculum for our process, sell growing kits and begin the long journey of franchising/seeding these operations around the world.

I thought I had to launch an ICO and hassle with all that but then I discovered DASH ...

I want DASH to disrupt the following industries ... Simultaneously

1) Urban Farming
2) Initial Coin Offerings

How about having the treasury back our company, MicrogreensLA, for a 10% stake. We believe we can accomplish our goals with 75 DASH a month for 24 or 36 months. We don't need Millions or hundreds of thousands as you see these ICO's raise.

In return, we will work with DASH to launch the FIRST DASH-enabled "doken" ... uFarmCoin ... symbol FARM, a token based on DASH.

The first of many and the beginning of LEGAL ICO-like structures in the US and around the world.

DASH would be an investor in our business and would benefit from the association in multiple ways ...

1) an explosion of interest in becoming a DASH-enable "doken" from every Tom, Dick, and Sally that wants to get funded, but with proper vetting, in place, only high-quality projects would pass the smell test.
2) equity positions in dozens of companies that might prosper in the future independently of the success of DASH.
3) Support from the regulatory agencies on "New Blood" thinking that could allow them to allow the big brokerage firms to underwrite these "doken" launches while never triggering the securities laws.

Now, MicrogreensLA can have it's own token to pay workers and which we can accept for the purchase of food, as well as FIAT currency, VISA, MasterCard, and DASH.

As the "doken" FARM becomes more valuable and is traded on open exchanges the treasury will benefit and the entire DASH ecosystem will explode with 100's of other "doken"s

We believe with this kind of funding we can get our message out, grow the business and afford to plant other operations just like ours around the world.

In those 24 or 36 months, we expect to work with DASH on a web and mobile client for consumers to order local food from a uFarmCoin provider that is guaranteed to be local and to have stable pricing.

This client could be used by many, many businesses like ours selling many, many things made with local talents and resources ... and sold using DASH-enabled "dokens".

It hit me, with the DASH governance structure a new idea like this could be vetted for technical feasibility rapidly and implemented rapidly, much more rapidly than I could come up with an ICO on my own.

See more details about what we are planning in the attached PDF ...

Attachments

• uFarmCoin, the platform for urban farming.pdf
    535.6 KB · Views: 118
Can you explain to me in simple terms what you define as "stable pricing" and how you think it can be achieved? Imo, currency pegs are really difficult, if not impossible, to achieve. This would be my #1 concern.

Can you explain to me in simple terms what you define as "stable pricing" and how you think it can be achieved? Imo, currency pegs are really difficult, if not impossible, to achieve. This would be my #1 concern.

I would anticipate a currency that does not inflate the money supply except in very predictable ways like DASH/BITCOIN/etc ... so prices of goods and services ... in this case food ... are more likely to fall than to rise as the value of the currency rises due to greater demand and greater use.

I would anticipate a currency that does not inflate the money supply except in very predictable ways like DASH/BITCOIN/etc ... so prices of goods and services ... in this case food ... are more likely to fall than to rise as the value of the currency rises due to greater demand and greater use.

Isn't that just a case for using crypto in general? Personally, I spend bitcoin / dash all the time using a debit card and I also track my expenses. For me, it's abundantly clear the rising value of crypto is outpacing my expenditure. It's like getting a ton of food etc every month for free.

Regarding your proposition, I would be concerned with over-complication. You know, it's like steemit having three currencies and it's just too complicated for the average user. In this regard, yours.org works better because they just work in bitcoin cash, they didn't try to invent their own token / currency.

This may not be relevant to your mission but my hope is, one day there would be a price index for all sorts of things. For example, based on my country / state / province, what is the mean price - in dash - for eggs (or bread etc)? I guess, an expanded version of the Big Mac Index.

Isn't that just a case for using crypto in general? Personally, I spend bitcoin / dash all the time using a debit card and I also track my expenses. For me, it's abundantly clear the rising value of crypto is outpacing my expenditure. It's like getting a ton of food etc every month for free.

Regarding your proposition, I would be concerned with over-complication. You know, it's like steemit having three currencies and it's just too complicated for the average user. In this regard, yours.org works better because they just work in bitcoin cash, they didn't try to invent their own token / currency.

This may not be relevant to your mission but my hope is, one day there would be a price index for all sorts of things. For example, based on my country / state / province, what is the mean price - in dash - for eggs (or bread etc)? I guess, an expanded version of the Big Mac Index.

@GrandMasterDash, I hear you ... at this point, what I thought I wanted an ICO coin for ... investment and control ... I would rather have a "T/Doken" ... a Token on the DASH network ... Blockchain ... miners ... masternodes ... Done.

Of course, our T/Doken would be redeemable for goods wherever DASH is accepted and perhaps instantly converted into DASH by the network, if desired ... No ShapeShift needed. This would require programming at the core level.

The investment would come from DASH taking a stake and interest in the concept and tweaking tools for the use of my urban farming network's users.

So, I get ... investment and control ... without a really separate coin, but a "piggyback" token on the DASH Blockchain ... The only reason I continue to mention a separate T/Doken is that it might facilitate the investment and tracking it's progress/success ... etc. and might also be an incentive for companies like myself to forego ICO's in favor of a DASH network "doken" instead.

Wouldn't that generate excitement for the DASH network?

Also, I'm anticipating that people that know the securities laws better than I do ... might use the unusual qualities of this concept to ensure it's legality in a jurisdiction that doesn't like ICO's ... can you say, China ??

I'm all for Dash taking equity in new projects that will bring him some money back in return. This is already part of the long term plan for Dah, because mining and masternode reward won't last forever. Maybe your project comes a bit too soon though, I'm not sure, but I would definitely support it. You should contact @ericsammons , he just wrote an post about how every industry would end up with their own coin - maybe talking together would help refining your project.

I'm all for Dash taking equity in new projects that will bring him some money back in return. This is already part of the long term plan for Dah, because mining and masternode reward won't last forever. Maybe your project comes a bit too soon though, I'm not sure, but I would definitely support it. You should contact @ericsammons , he just wrote an post about how every industry would end up with their own coin - maybe talking together would help refining your project.

Much thanks, @Leonidas !

Back