• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core installing

Rul

Hi!

I have problem with my dash core installing. I have installed dash core v0.17.0.3/dashcore-0.17.0.3-x86_64- but I cant see it when I use "top" command. And when I check status, it says:

"AssetID": 1,
"AssetName": "MASTERNODE_SYNC_BLOCKCHAIN",
"AssetStartTime": 1653300900,
"Attempt": 0,
"IsBlockchainSynced": false,
"IsSynced": false

Maybe its because some problem with dash core. I also cannot see dashd.pid and debug.log.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you!

If you just started a new masternode, it goes through a few phases. First phase is downloading and syncing the blockchain, so it is normal that you see this status. Just check a few hours later to see if its done downloading and syncing the Dash blockchain and if it moved on to another phase.

I normally use WinSCP to check on my masternode servers from my pc.
dashd.pid and debug.log should be located inside your .dashcore folder.

Just make sure you are using the correct wallet repository (if your masternode server OS is 64bit Linux / Ubuntu, then you should be installing a Linux Dash Core x64 wallet repository).

Last edited:
Thank you for replies!
I also have question about dash blockchain. I follow the instructions and I cant see where dash blockchain should be installed. I have installed dash core only on my server. Should I install that on me computer and store blockchain there (on dash core) ?

Because all my funds are on hard wallet and I wonder if I need to download dash core wallet on my computer (to store blockchain there)?

Thank you for replies!
I also have question about dash blockchain. I follow the instructions and I cant see where dash blockchain should be installed. I have installed dash core only on my server. Should I install that on me computer and store blockchain there (on dash core) ?

Because all my funds are on hard wallet and I wonder if I need to download dash core wallet on my computer (to store blockchain there)?
Yes.

Reactions: Rul
Hello!
I have installed Dash Core on my Windows computer and now Dash blockchain is there. My Ubuntu server still gives me that response:

Is that a problem that blockchain is on windows computer and my server is ubuntu? What should I do?

Hello!
I have installed Dash Core on my Windows computer and now Dash blockchain is there. My Ubuntu server still gives me that response:

Is that a problem that blockchain is on windows computer and my server is ubuntu? What should I do?

Looks like your server is not fetching any blocks (still on attempt 0 / AssetID 1). Make sure dashd & dash-cli are installed (and executable) within the .dashcore folder of your Ubuntu server. Also make sure you have followed this guide : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/setup.html#set-up-your-vps (including setting up your Ubuntu firewall)

In the mean time try this :

cd .dashcore
./dash-cli stop
./dashd

Wait 15 minutes

Then try this with a new PUTTY session

cd .dashcore
./dash-cli mnsync status

This will stop your masternode, start your masternode and after 15 minutes provide you with a masternode sync status.
If everything works out fine, you will end up with AssetID : 999 and with Assetname : MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED (after a number of hours)

Last edited:
Looks like your server is not fetching any blocks (still on attempt 0 / AssetID 1). Make sure dashd & dash-cli are installed (and executable) within the .dashcore folder of your Ubuntu server. Also make sure you have followed this guide : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/setup.html#set-up-your-vps (including setting up your Ubuntu firewall)

In the mean time try this :

cd .dashcore
./dash-cli stop
./dashd

Wait 15 minutes

Then try this with a new PUTTY session

cd .dashcore
./dash-cli mnsync status

This will stop your masternode, start your masternode and after 15 minutes provide you with a masternode sync status.
If everything works out fine, you will end up with AssetID : 999 and with Assetname : MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED
Thank you! I will try!

Back