• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash and Darknet markets

AnarchicCluster

Recently, while browsing darknet markets on reddit I came up with an Idea how to increase adoption of Dash.
Everybody knows that darknet markets need a reliable and anonymous currency. People running these markets are not ignorant and chances are that they are pretty aware of our existence. After all they have a strong incentive to look for good solutions ensuring anonymity of their vendors and customers. For some reason (technical, network effect or something else) they have stuck with Bitcoin. I think there is only one mid-sized market accepting Dash at the moment.

Markets want more anonymity we want to increase the adoption, therefore I think it would be a good idea for the Dash Foundation to reach out to the biggest darknet markets out there with intentions to enter into partnerships (or simple bribery). In other words; offer certain amount of DASH to the administrators of the markets in exchange for incorporation of DASH into their markets. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement DASH into their systems but I believe that there is a number which will convince them to do that. If that number is too high we back out, or organise a telethon, but if the foundation can negotiate a good deal within its budget, than it might be worth to give it a go.

I understand that Dash Foundation would be very reluctant. After all I can see how openly engaging in talks with dark markets, can bring veeery bad PR upon our project. But nobody has to know about it. It can be done behind cryptographically closed doors.

I know that things I am advocating here might be considered as a shady practice, so I won't hold anything against the admin of this forum if he or she decides to delete it. It's kind of a long shot anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that Dash Foundation would be very reluctant. After all I can see how openly engaging in talks with dark markets, can bring veeery bad PR upon our project. But nobody has to know about it. It can be done behind cryptographically closed doors.

I think your idea is not for public discussion - but we have PM-system on forum. ;)

Another idea about adoption (not about DMs or any illegal):
1. Community must have at least 1 dedicated person (one of our Ambassadors?) to help merchants setup all the stuff. So he (or even better she? ;) ) must be technical enough for cover the entire range of technical problems about implementing DASH to any possible site (competent in scripts, engines and so on). So we could announce something like this: "Do you want to accept DASH? Send "Marry" a letter and she will help you. Maximum in 24 hour your customers will be able to pay you with Dash!"
Such a person also must be competent in using encrypted messaging and other tools to make it private.
2. We have to produce a simple brochure for "every dumb Joe" - "How to get Dash and pay with is" - so owners of markets shouldn't waste their time explaining "What is Dash and Why-how to use it" - just give them a link to that brochure (or printed paper brochure).

I think your idea is not for public discussion - but we have PM-system on forum. ;)

2. We have to produce a simple brochure for "every dumb Joe" - "How to get Dash and pay with is" - so owners of markets shouldn't waste their time explaining "What is Dash and Why-how to use it" - just give them a link to that brochure (or printed paper brochure).

How to buy, (crypts + shape shift) is covered in separate videos
how to spend / should be covered in other videos too, in the wallet set up videos we always end with setting up a receiving address, i think that is all good
Check YT DarkTV

yes , i think that could be a great idea (and gives ambassadors something to do)
not for Dark Markets specially, but for merchants generally !!
(sorry i am a bit late here)

it would be great if you would do a post regarding this in the Ambassador Thread ?!
(better from you than me, i hustle them all the time already) :wink:

Nucleus
i have not been on the dark net for a while, super busy with a ton of other stuff these days
would be time to update the hidden wiki and such as well :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Darknet markets would be great. This would also be a win-win situation.

-DASH benefits from the extra exposure and usage. Would become 2nd crypto above litecoin immediately.
-Bitcoin would be able to adapt more mainstream reputation but showing that their coin is too transparent to be used in darknets

Both coins thus would increase in value and reputation.

Back