• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Wallet, lost coins? convertable to Dash?

BigRedButton

I have a Darkcoin wallet with 20+ DRK. Are these coins lost?

Is the Darkcoin blockchain the Dash blockchain? The change from Darkcoin to Dash was a rebrand, correct?

The darkcoin wallet no longer updates. Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

I checked out the mega help thread above and many of the helpful links/downloads seem to be dead.

Where is the wallet.dat file? Is that a thing with Darkcoin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there,

Please download new wallet https://www.dash.org/downloads/ and follow instruction to migrate from Darkcoin to Dash https://www.dash.org/news/migrate-your-darkcoin-wallet-to-dash/

Thanks for the help!
...and now more questions...

Windows warning about merging files. How should I answer that? I chose to rename everything... Loading blocks now...

Odd now the wallet is back to 50 weeks behind. Stuck at the same block my darkcoin wallet was...

It was updated before I made the suggested rename in the video.

upload_2016-8-26_3-47-2.png

Keep in mind that if you have the private key, you almost certainly have the coins no matter what happens to the software on your computer. You might try with a different wallet, one that does not require you to run the dash daemon, a lighter version. You might try the new Jaxx wallet. A Chrome browser extension!

I need some help please ! I purchased darkcoin back in 2014 after making some money on bitcoin. I only purchased 10. They had sat in my darkcoin wallet on my old laptop until earlier this year. I saw the price and though I would sell 5 . I foolishly tried to send 5 before i had changed the wallet from darkcoin to dash. The coins didn't send and the transaction failed . I then updated my wallet from darkcoin to dash and the remaining 5 coins disappeared . I have read lot's of info and tried several things but I am but no means a crytocurrency expert and when people start talking about blockchains etc that confuses me ! . I can accept losing the 5 coins I tried ti send but would really like some help trying to recover the other 5 ! Please be gentle ! I would be more than happy to give whoever can help me 1 of the 5 coins I have left as a payment as I am desperate to get my coins back . Thanks in advance for any help received. Glenn

I need some help please ! I purchased darkcoin back in 2014 after making some money on bitcoin. I only purchased 10. They had sat in my darkcoin wallet on my old laptop until earlier this year. I saw the price and though I would sell 5 . I foolishly tried to send 5 before i had changed the wallet from darkcoin to dash. The coins didn't send and the transaction failed . I then updated my wallet from darkcoin to dash and the remaining 5 coins disappeared . I have read lot's of info and tried several things but I am but no means a crytocurrency expert and when people start talking about blockchains etc that confuses me ! . I can accept losing the 5 coins I tried ti send but would really like some help trying to recover the other 5 ! Please be gentle ! I would be more than happy to give whoever can help me 1 of the 5 coins I have left as a payment as I am desperate to get my coins back . Thanks in advance for any help received. Glenn

try
reindex wallet

I'm not 100% sure how to re-index . . Does it come under wallet repair ? Sorry if this sounds stupid , but as I said I am a novice

Thanks in advance for your help

correct
wallet repair - reindex (will go through whole blockchain again - takes some time )

start fresh

save wallet.dat (from Data Directory onto desktop or USB)
erase everything else
download now wallet
install new wallet
let sync
quit wallet
put wallet.dat (with coins) inside Data Directory (replace the empty with the full)
start wallet
(fingers crossed)

start fresh

save wallet.dat (from Data Directory onto desktop or USB)
erase everything else
download now wallet
install new wallet
let sync
quit wallet
put wallet.dat (with coins) inside Data Directory (replace the empty with the full)
start wallet
(fingers crossed)

this is what it currently looks like on my computer ( pls don't laugh) !

a you can see I have a few wallet.dat I'm guessing this may be the problem ??

Does this shed any light to you and do you know how I get round this as Im not sure what one to save and what to delete !!

I said I was a novice !

Thanks so much for your help so far
upload_2017-9-2_18-44-41.png

Back