• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Daemon Shows Wrong IP Address

x958T7W92b

I have an interesting problem that I hope someone can shed some light on. I recently moved two masternodes to a new server. After 2+ hours from re-starting the daemons (successfully) and issuing a remote start, the network shows both masternodes as ENABLED, but with the old IP addresses.

Does anyone know why they wouldn't show as ENABLED with the new IP addresses but as ENABLED with the old ones still? Has masternode blinding been implemented and this value is just no longer relevant? My understanding is that the network has a one hour wait for such changes but it's been a little more than two now. I will continue checking back as the day goes now.

I'm running 110222 and both masternodes are showing the latest block.

Thank you so much for any insight you can provide.

You probably have still running the remote deamon with the same privkey I suppose aren`t you?
edit: use the new privkey, new ip and new pubkey where the 1000 coins are stored. Should help ;)

Thank you for your reply.

I've moved masternodes from server to server in the past and I've never had to generate a new private key or move my coins to a new address. In fact, after several more hours of waiting, the network did finally pick up the two server's new IP addresses. The funny thing is, and I don't know if this was really necessary, but from the time I posted the original message to when they were seen with the new IP addresses, I took the old servers offline. I wonder if the network was detecting that the old IP addresses were still valid and port 9999 was open. I would think the daemon must also be running but I just can't explain why it took so many hours for the network to see that the old IP addresses were not even valid. Yet, the "last seen" value on the both servers continued to be updated. It's as if the network was providing a 1/2 day lag or something.

Last night, after the network finally represented the correct IP addresses, I decided to move a third masternode to a different server. The same problem manifested itself again. I moved the masternode to the new server, started it up, waited for the blocks to catch up, and then issued a remote start. Then to be sure, I turned off the old sever. Now, nine hours later, the network still lists the masternode as ENABLED but with the old IP. I think the only thing I can do now is just wait.

I'm considering filing a bug but I was hoping someone could shed a little more light on this before I look like a fool to the bug people :)

Again, thank you very much for your feedback, splawik21.

I proposed you this solution as I had similiar experience, in the past after an hour the IP went of the network and you could use the same privkey on different address with the same tx id and all worked. So I had to change the things as I told you in my previous post. Hope the network will go through it...

Back