• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cooling D3 - South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharnThoR

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking around, but cannot seem to find an answer for this...

Currently, my miner's boards are running around 76 degrees Celsius which is obviously too high!

I've got hot air blowing out the room with ducting, but they are still running very high... Is there any alternatives to getting these cooled?

Kind Regards

Is there a window?

Does the room have an outside wall?

If it is not an outside wall, how far away is the nearest outside wall?

How many machines are you running, and could you measure the wattage of one machine. Then I can give you a more specific answer.

If you have a window, slap the biggest window air conditioner you can buy in that window and set it on full blast.

jup, there is 2 windows. One right in front of the extraction vent. Ducts running from the extraction vent and outside the windows.

The room does have an outside wall, that‘s where the 2 windows are. Machines are positioned around 1m from the wall/window on top of a cupboard that’s lower than the top of the window.
2 Machines are currently running with more on it’s way. currently 1200 w psu connected running at full capacity - 220v outlets

Room is around 4x4m.

Thank you in advance!

jup, there is 2 windows. One right in front of the extraction vent. Ducts running from the extraction vent and outside the windows.

The room does have an outside wall, that‘s where the 2 windows are. Machines are positioned around 1m from the wall/window on top of a cupboard that’s lower than the top of the window.
2 Machines are currently running with more on it’s way. currently 1200 w psu connected running at full capacity - 220v outlets

Room is around 4x4m.

Thank you in advance!
Is the house or building air conditioned?

What is the average temperature outside and in the building?

Building isnt airconditioned at all no. generally, temps outside around 30 degrees C, sometimes it can reach high 40’s.

If you can't use air conditioner you have only 2 options: put miners in refrigerator or in aquarium with Novec 7000 or Novec 649, but in case of liquid cooling don't forget you need to put copper tubes on top for passive cooling and cover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back