• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can someone explain me the sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gass

I'm relatively new to the crypto wallets in general and I was wondering what is the app really doing when Syncing? And why sometimes is fast and other times is slow. Will this be improved in the future? What do you guys think?

I'm relatively new to the crypto wallets in general and I was wondering what is the app really doing when Syncing? And why sometimes is fast and other times is slow. Will this be improved in the future? What do you guys think?

When you are syncing a full node, you are downloading the blockhain with all its transaction history, download speed
varies greatly with hardware and ISP speed, but the biggest factor is the hard drive, HDD will be much much slower than SSD.

You also have bootstraps available for Dash that allow for quicker download if you are on a slower computer.

You also have bootstraps available for Dash that allow for quicker download if you are on a slower computer.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Is it logical to think as the network gets bigger the syncing will become slower? This could be a problem for scalability or not so?

I'm using Iphone 6 by the way. Usually the sync is really fast and other times no so much..

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Is it logical to think as the network gets bigger the syncing will become slower? This could be a problem for scalability or not so?

I'm using Iphone 6 by the way. Usually the sync is really fast and other times no so much..

OK, for iPhone 6, you are actually syncing to an SPV server that already has the blockhain synced, not running a full node,
sync issues can be related to the age of your device, make sure you keep your Dash wallet updated as well, network is
approaching a hardfork and we are seeing some issues as the network approaches the crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back