• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal: Forum Chat Plug-in

InTheWoods

Foundation Member
I have made a thread suggesting forum improvements, specifically adding a forum chat room. The Xenforo forum chat plug-ins cost money so I guess this is a budget proposal.

I have looked a bit into the options available and I believe the premium version $249 of this plug-in is the best choice by far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why people need (?) to chat exactly on forum?

There are lots of special advanced chat software - specially designed for more comfortable chatting...

Why not to start with Skype group chat, for example?

I have made a thread suggesting forum improvements, specifically adding a forum chat room. The Xenforo forum chat plug-ins cost money so I guess this is a budget proposal.

I have looked a bit into the options available and I believe the premium version $249 of this plug-in is the best choice by far.

this is not a question of money (for now)
this is a question if Props (owner of Dashtalk) would implement this or not !
1st it has to be checked with him here:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/xenforo-chat-room-plug-in.6892/
$ comes after

do not overtake you/ourself !
(if props is not into it, it will not happen !)
so lets wait please

tungfa

Not sure I follow. Doesn't the forum belong to Dash, to the foundation?

Nope, Dashtalk It is private site - so only the owner decides what to do here... :sad:

For example, I am asking for many months:

1. To add "Promotion" section as an important part of Dash project.
or
2. To add Language plugins https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations.31/?order=download_count
to make easier for people from Russia, China, ... to register and use forum with their native language interface (and these plugins are free!)

No result. :sad:

yes Alex -ru is right ! (unfortunately)
:sad:
I have a whole list of changes too , which never happen as props is only around once a month it seems !

funny-cat-pictures-patience-mah-minion-day-this-will-all-be-ours.jpg

Edit: Also shouldn't the foundation buy it out?

Back