• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Blockchain.info service outage today

Anarchy in the UK

29ehah.png

Suppose this is good news for us. Demonstrates that anything that can go wrong, even with the most trusted services out there. They can have an official air about them - but that doesn't mean anything at the end of the day.

Also gets the BTC enthusiasts slightly worried that their supporting infrastructure is not as solid as it appears.

The bitcoin blockchain is monitored by a service? Can people not sync if the service is down?? I'm ignorant on a lot of things, so I have no idea who Blockchain.info is?

The bitcoin blockchain is monitored by a service? Can people not sync if the service is down?? I'm ignorant on a lot of things, so I have no idea who Blockchain.info is?
Blockchain.info is the website that hosts the most popular online Bitcoin wallet.

Yeah. I noticed that. It's a well designed web property actually. Whoever started the Bitcoin services in the early days must have been stacked with serious amounts of cash. Which makes it seem all the more odious.

IF Btc is the world banker's coin (nobody can prove it yet but it would not surprise me at all), 'they' will probably leave stuff like blockchain.info alone. Exchanges and marketplaces can be taken down, but the coin will bounce back after a temporary dip. The conspirators need three or four reliable wallets though, to keep it going. If there's too much chaos, the punters just won't come back. So they have to be selective.

This looks like it was a very brief service outage. No big deal. I hope peeps are becoming more savvy as to what Bitcoin is about though and beginning to look at the alternatives.

Back