• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bitsquare Dashed

I exchange some messages with Manfred about this topic but his answer was very defensive saying is not a priority at the moment. You can see the conversation on the bitsquare forum. I even gave examples with multi-coin wallets such as Coinomi as a reference for having multiple SPV wallets.

I've messaged Manfred a little more recently and I don't think he's totally dismissed the idea. I think it's just that he's overloaded with work. I think his project is really good and the dash community should be encouraging and supporting him as much as possible, especially considering this fits our current push for fiat gateways.

https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/bitsquare-development-funding/561

My only one concern is that he's got his own funding model by way of developer shares (I think counterparty tokens). It doesn't seem as robust as ours but I don't see why he can't run both the cuonterparty token and seek a dash budget at the same time. If he submitted a budget proposal from us, I'd sure vote for it.

Perhaps someone else here can reach out to him and bring him over to the dark side?

Sounds like a good idea, after all both coinomi and bitsquare are developed in Java, so I guess there could be some reference code that could be implemented to manage multiple coins. I would only need to verify licensing issues. Coinomi is on CC Sharealike Non-Commercial. While bitsquare is AGPL. I am not much of a Java developer as the next guy so I would leave this to a more proficient developer to read the code. Maybe he could read the way these SPV wallets are built and manage, and could have a more realistic discussion on how it can be done.
On the other side, we have an Electrum-Dash wallet that already have a bundle of open nodes and could be reporpouses for the DASH SPV on Bitsquare. Most of the code is on a more friendly python's network.py.

Back