• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

best wallet to recommend to new user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbursch

What would be the best wallet to recommend to a casual new user (not an investor) of Dash?

I'm not sure the Dash Core wallet would be the best recommendation to get a new user started, since it also downloads the blockchain.

Perhaps a web wallet or a mobile wallet would be the easiest to get started?

Hi Jim. Best would be to run the core wallet with test-dash on test-net and get to know it. mine some, mix some and backup some, restore some. Once you are comfortable with that then you are ready to handle some real dash.
Or you could just use Jaxx wallet for mobile (no mobile is safe) or pc.

And please don't apologize for not being a all knowing nerd around here, there's no need.

Reactions: daf
You can get started in any wallet. AFAIK Dash Core is currently the only one that has mixing, coin control and instant send. (though arguably IX isn't very useful right now). Popular options are Coinomi or Jaxx for mobile and Jaxx or Exodus for web.

I am all for Exodus (daily stuff)
I agree, Exodus is perfect to start. Plus it is a multi currency wallet. We all know that most if not everybody will still enter the crypto world through Bitcoin. When you start, you don't want to bother with many wallet (it is already complicated enough). Exodus is very easy friendly and has very close looks to normal day to day apps, no geeky look. I recommend it to start

Coinomi is what I usually recommend, though Jaxx seems to get some love as well.

(I think it's easier to get people started with mobile wallets)

IMO mobile wallets are cool for startup newbies. Easy quick and secure. Later on they have dashcore and HW wallets.

I think that for relatively non tech-savvy users we should actually recommend hardware wallets like Trezor. For their own good and safety.

i use coinomi for android devices, JAXX for IOS and EXODUS for desktop in this wallets you can store not only Dash and have shapeswift soo you can buy and sell Dash for other crypto really good apps and user friendly, remember to backup your wallets.

Coinomi is a well-known and popular cryptocurrency wallet that is supported on a variety of devices and can store a large number of coins.

Coinomi provides a secure storage platform with support for a wide variety of digital assets and a built-in exchange for fast and easy trading. The Coinomi wallet combines strong encryption technology with a user-friendly design that is easy to install and navigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back