• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Been trying to mine for 4 days

GreenTriad

I followed the instructions here:
miningfield

then I got this crap:

I checked multiple times.
I managed to mine litecoin but thats not what I want.

Attachments

• crap 1.PNG
    crap 1.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 106
I finally got it working on coinmine

I wish it was simpler, I don't even know what the ''-k' is for. and some peopel run complex shit with .cfg

I'm getting 68 kH/s.
probably takes 80watts

so 80kh/s/j best case.

Is there a chart with efficiencies on mining darkcoin??

https://dashtalk.org/threads/mining-hardware-comparison.11/ but the GPU chart is a little out-dated. Ex: A 290x can hit ~9 Mh/s, but the chart shows a 290 at 2.6 Mh/s.

I'm personally getting like 240 Kh/s on an i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz using 7 threads. Wish I could get near that i5 in the chart, but I'm using a bleh cpuminer (xcoin-miner) because I couldn't figure out how to build some of the better ones (the avx aes one specifically).

I should just boot Linux, but I'm lazy...

EDIT: I stopped being dumb, swapped to a better CPU Miner (minderd-1.3-avx-i) and now I'm sitting at 530 Kh/s with the same 7 threads. Decent, but I thought it'd be higher than the i5 :what:
530k is about tops methinks,
I finally got it working on coinmine

I wish it was simpler, I don't even know what the ''-k' is for. and some peopel run complex shit with .cfg

I'm getting 68 kH/s.
probably takes 80watts
so 80kh/s/j best case.
Is there a chart with efficiencies on mining darkcoin??
20k to 60k per core is expected, check my screen dumps for the hash speed

-k and -a sets the kernel use -a X11 for cpu miners
https://dashtalk.org/threads/sub-ethers-guide-to-cpu-mining.6170/
look at my second post for speeding up, you may have a better minerd from elamad,

For GPU mining the kernel has a different spelling and must be exact, it is either x11,darkcoin,x11mod or darkcoin-mod, look in your kernel folder from sgminer if you're not sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Back