• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikal Giant + ordering problems?

Man, I can't tell if I fell for all time great scam/spoof working with a Baikal rip off or not.. I follow them on Twitter and found out the new Giant + was taking pre orders. I emailed them through their website and they sent me a quote and official instruction for wires.. Seem similar to innosillicon and antminer.. I sent monies and I have received no word at all after many email attempts... Are there similar experiences out there? Makes me really weirded out that a scam could be that complex, or does everyone think they are just small company inundated with too many orders and payments? Thank you for your time.

Update #2.. It has been two weeks now since I sent bank wire USD to their bank in Singapore. I have finally received an email saying please check with my bank about the wire since they haven't received payment. I did check with bank and payment was received. I have sent Baikal proof of this payment a number of times with no response about it's status... scam?

Than you don't have to worry. Baikal is a good company. Used to order there and they are really good. Don't worry about. Just hope they let me order from 2nd batch as I am waiting.

Than you don't have to worry. Baikal is a good company. Used to order there and they are really good. Don't worry about. Just hope they let me order from 2nd batch as I am waiting.
I hope that's the case.. I will be happy to report that on this thread so I'm not giving them a bad rap.. Certainly, compare to Bitmain, the sales process is less robust or precise.

Hi, can you plz contact me personally on my mail

Man, I can't tell if I fell for all time great scam/spoof working with a Baikal rip off or not.. I follow them on Twitter and found out the new Giant + was taking pre orders. I emailed them through their website and they sent me a quote and official instruction for wires.. Seem similar to innosillicon and antminer.. I sent monies and I have received no word at all after many email attempts... Are there similar experiences out there? Makes me really weirded out that a scam could be that complex, or does everyone think they are just small company inundated with too many orders and payments? Thank you for your time.[/QU

Just an update for any buyers or potential buyers. Baikal has been somewhat responsive about status on the shipments of miners. All I can say is that the loooong wait from ordering to getting product is dubious. It went from late Oct ship.. then mid Nov ship.. then one last email saying all shipments would be done by 12/11... Eyes rolling. As i watched one of the algos increase in difficulty during the wait... I can only think of the pain first adopters of the Innosilicon A5 must have felt wondering if the company was just using them to mine and make more money before sending off to the little guys. At this point.. I'll be shocked if I get one.. I'm happy to correct any negative feedback or if Baikal can reach out to me to correct the situation, but at this point.. buyer beware.. The entire process has been disappointing.

Hi, so did you finally get your Miners?

Yes I did.. Thank you for asking. And I placed order for the Giant B.. I thought I cleared it up on another thread.. but for anyone who reads this.. They are legit although unorthodox in communicating. I've heard from engineer friend he's receiving his order for Batch 2 this week.. DHL tracking in tote. So all good.

Man, I can't tell if I fell for all time great scam/spoof working with a Baikal rip off or not.. I follow them on Twitter and found out the new Giant + was taking pre orders. I emailed them through their website and they sent me a quote and official instruction for wires.. Seem similar to innosillicon and antminer.. I sent monies and I have received no word at all after many email attempts... Are there similar experiences out there? Makes me really weirded out that a scam could be that complex, or does everyone think they are just small company inundated with too many orders and payments? Thank you for your time.
I said I would clear this up when order came in and they did in early December.. They were delayed by a couple months, but I got them and very profitable.

Back