• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Australian Horse Movie 2018 - Dash Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElDash

Thanks to everyone who voted for the new Aussie horse movie. A quick update... it's now early February and we have just completed 3 weeks of non-stop shooting in South Australia. The early footage is looking amazing. I am flying home back to Ireland now in a few days, and will be spending most of February & March editing the movie. We aim to show the film in the EQUUS Film Festival in NYC in November 2018. It would be great to meet some Dash people there :) I will keep you all updated.

Thanks again, Elaine.

Last edited:
4-copy.png

Pictures from the film set can be viewed here: http://www.greyponyfilms.com/light-hands-movie/
IMG_2404-copy.jpg

IMG_2239-1-copy.jpg

600.png

r4-copy.png

IMG_2400-copy.jpg

IMG_2236-copy.jpg

5-copy.png

IMG_2405-copy.jpg

6-copy.png

2h-copy.png

irenadrone-copy-1024x553.png

Last edited:
Hello all, a quick update. We're now into month #2 of post-production. The movie is progressing very well and lots more work to be done. I'm in the middle of edits, narration recording, organising music and audio pickups. We are planning for a Sept 2018 release date. Thanks again for your support.

Hello,

APRIL UPDATE: I wanted to share a quick update with you all about the Steve Halfpenny movie, which Dash sponsored in Jan/early Feb 2018. The film shoot took place over 3 weeks in Blanchetown, South Australia. We had a lots of people involved, from all over Australia and some people also flew in from Europe to be part of the movie. The scenery & cinematography is beautiful, and we got some spectacular drone shots of outback Australia.

Post-production began in mid February, and the movie is scheduled for a Sept 2018 release date online. We've already had a number film festival inquires, as they have been following our progress online. When the film is officially released, we will begin the international festival applications. The Grammy nominated Mary Ann Kennedy has granted us permission to use one of her songs in the movie, which is also fantastic.

The good news is that due to a very efficient post-production process, the movie is now more than 90% complete, and will be released sooner than expected, in max the next 2 months (end June 2018). We have shown a draft of the movie to a small test audience, and everyone who watched the film fell in love with it. We even had some tears at the emotional parts! The entire movie team is very grateful to the Dash community for your help to make this happen. Steve Halfpenny is a big supporter of Dash, and accepts Dash on his website. Steve also talks about Dash in the movie, and explains his perspective on what Dash is doing and why he believes it's so powerful, and shows a live demo of how fast it is to transfer Dash between two smartphones in the film.

Thank you again to all our Dash friends. I can't wait to share the final movie with you.

Elaine (Director / Producer)
www.greyponyfilms.com

Hello - very exciting news! The STEVE HALFPENNY movie, Soft Feel and Light Hands is being released online today! https://www.stevehalfpenny.com/store/VVWvwNG3 We pre-sold over $15,000 worth of DVDs & online copies on Kickstarter a few months ago, and these are all now en route all around the world. The movie has been sent to international press and magazines for review, and has been submitted to various film festivals, including Sundance Film Festival and Toronto Film Festival. Thank you for all your help and support to make this possible. I will keep you updated of festival & review news. Elaine (Director/Producer)

The movie has been selected for 2 film festivals
  • NYC Indie Film Festival, July 2018
  • European Independent Film Awards, July 2018
and has won 2 awards to date:
  • Best Documentary, NYC Indie Film Festival, July 2018
  • Best Director, NYC Indie Film Festival, July 2018

The movie has been selected for 2 film festivals
  • NYC Indie Film Festival, July 2018
  • European Independent Film Awards, July 2018
and has won 2 awards to date:
  • Best Documentary, NYC Indie Film Festival, July 2018
  • Best Director, NYC Indie Film Festival, July 2018