• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Android wallet for DRK

Loki

I think I read somewhere on the Bitcointalk thread that somebody was willing to develop this. Perhaps for around 2000DRK, if I remember correctly. On the other hand, I'm certain that Evan himself would have no problem creating an Android wallet when DarkSend is fully complete and released.

Anyway, I would just like to say, YES PLEASE. It would be fantastic to have this addition for DRK and I feel it would really help to drive uptake further. Obviously, though, priorities are priorities.

I think I read somewhere on the Bitcointalk thread that somebody was willing to develop this. Perhaps for around 2000DRK, if I remember correctly. On the other hand, I'm certain that Evan himself would have no problem creating an Android wallet when DarkSend is fully complete and released.

Anyway, I would just like to say, YES PLEASE. It would be fantastic to have this addition for DRK and I feel it would really help to drive uptake further. Obviously, though, priorities are priorities.

I too would like an android wallet. I might look into it a little, my idea is take darkcoin-qt with is written in qt4 and port it to qt5 which has a native android backend AFAIK. I don't now how feasible this is though.

I've looked into it, too... It seems like most of the wallets use a "lite" version that doesn't actually track the blockchain itself, but synchronizes with ... something else. Coinbase obviously synchs with the coinbase wallet... I think there are about 20 different wallets in the play store but the best one is by Andreas Schildbach. It is open source at https://github.com/schildbach/bitcoin-wallet

I would love an android wallet.

I'm a fan of open source software myself and wouldn't find the need for an iOS wallet but if there's anyone about who would know how to go about it, it might be an idea to try to sneak one in to the app store under the radar while the focus is on bitcoin - before Darkcoin's inevitable rise. I say sneak in, because I'm sure most of you are aware that Apple restricted the functionality of Bitcoin wallets available on the app store.

Back