• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Amazon EC2 - CPU Usage

S

snogcel

Hey Guys,

I have my MN running on EC2 and keep tabs on CPU usage - I noticed overnight I started getting a fair number of >50% notifications and see the following usage for the last week: http://screencast.com/t/q0qsQSLe4cT

I was wondering - is there a best practice for stopping / starting darkcoind when running a Masternode? I've noticed in the past that "darkcoind masternode stop" kind of works, but even after running it left traces of the node on the network. Any insights would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to keep my CPU cycles to a minimum :)

Might be t1.micro ?

I am testing multiple setup with single instance.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ec2-multiple-remote-nothing-nm-max-5.1660/
m3.medium and t2.medium. each instance has five RC darkcoind running.

I think t2.medium is good choice for multiple NM with single instance.

m3.medium
Ycgl4fa.png

t2.medium
TQiA3gD.png

Yeah, this is running on a t1.micro instance (thus the large relative chunk of CPU usage). This sort of utilization isn't completely unexpected to me - I guess the main question is what is the best way to stop / start a Masternode? I think just restarting will be good but I wonder if it's even worth issuing a Masternode stop command?

Yeah, this is running on a t1.micro instance (thus the large relative chunk of CPU usage). This sort of utilization isn't completely unexpected to me - I guess the main question is what is the best way to stop / start a Masternode? I think just restarting will be good but I wonder if it's even worth issuing a Masternode stop command?

I have tested stop behaivour.
* issuing a Masternode stop on remote : some has issue.
* I did not test just restarting of darkcoind.

- ip + masternodeprivkey change : some has issue
- move 1k DRK to new address : best result, well propagated.

I have tested stop behaivour.
* issuing a Masternode stop on remote : some has issue.
* I did not test just restarting of darkcoind.

- ip + masternodeprivkey change : some has issue
- move 1k DRK to new address : best result, well propagated.

I've decided to give it a go - getting alerts from Amazon every hour now on CPU usage. I decided to keep it simple, all commands issued on remote node:

darkcoind stop
darkcoind
darkcoind masternode debug ----> "successfully started masternode"

I'll post back with an update :)

Looks like it worked without any issue - network didn't miss a beat:

2014-07-05_1323.png

CPU Usage in a much better place now:

2014-07-05_1320.png

Back