• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Am I mining?

Caio Sales

Hello to everyone who's willing to help, this is my first attempt mining any kind of cryptocurrencies.

Am I mining? I've downloaded DashCore, got my public address, edited sgminer and edited the following .txt

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://162.243.104.174:7903",
"user" : "XheyzUntHSgmg1Qoo3NdNeoqLTiAAt1zhA",
"pass" : "",
"algorithm": "darkcoin-mod"
}
],
"xintensity" : "64",
"worksize": "64"
}

Prinstscreen attached

Specs:
Intel i5-3570 @3.4GHz
8Gb RAM DDRIII
AMD Radeon 7700 1024Mb.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• mining.PNG
    mining.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 79
GPU mining era is over in Dash, you can't compete with ASICs on your GPU - it is 1/2000000 of network hashrate (1Mh/s vs 2Th/s)

GPU mining era is over in Dash, you can't compete with ASICs on your GPU - it is 1/2000000 of network hashrate (1Mh/s vs 2Th/s)
Thanks for the reply. Is there any cryptocoin I could still mine with my GPU? I know it won't be very profitable but I just want to know how it works and get involved in the mining process.

Thanks for the reply. Is there any cryptocoin I could still mine with my GPU? I know it won't be very profitable but I just want to know how it works and get involved in the mining process.

You could also mine on testnet if you just want to get a feel for the process and iirc @HashEngineering where asking for help with testing the next version of their Android wallet on testnet and where looking for miners as part of it.

Back