• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

51% Wallet Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no extraordinary claims present. Only the plainly observable.

Sane Person: "The sky is blue. A few small clouds, but no big deal."

Typical a-hole on the Internet: "PROVE IT! HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH FANCIFUL THINGS WITHOUT PROOF?!?!"

Sane person: "Uhm, look out the window."

Typical a-hole on the Internet: "THAT DOESNT PROOVE ANYTHING! HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST IT ISN'T RAINING! I WANT PROOF THAT IT ISN'T RAINING! I'M ENTITLED! I DEMAND! YOU'RE A LIAR IF YOU DONT FOLLOW MY ORDERS!"

Sane Person: "Whatever you say, man. Can't prove a negative anyway. Bye."

Typical a-hole on the Internet: [probably saying a bunch more useless, entitled crap, but no one is listening]

@bob should release the code he used, in order to drew his conclusions.
It is that simple.

When is 0.14 planned ? When testnet? When mainnet?
As the code is written, the requisites are on mainnet and testnet is free, I would say: "what are we waiting for?"
Package it up and deploy!

When is 0.14 planned ? When testnet? When mainnet?
As the code is written, the requisites are on mainnet and testnet is free, I would say: "what are we waiting for?"
Package it up and deploy!

first 13 has to be live
14 is already on testnet and ready to roll

Excellent!
The reason why a 51% attack would be unlikely on the Dash network, that their miner investment would be lost, is not true as mining power can be rented. But there is another reason.
To profit from such an attack one would need a significant amount of dash to double spend. Also it requires some expertise and swift action.
If you have a lot of dash, instead of figuring out this one-of scheme, it would be much easier and in the long run more profitable to set up a masternode.
Yet, all things considered I am quite happy to know that a permanent solution is on its way!

mining power can be rented.
...but the needle is already pegged on proper mining. I don't think enough X11 miners even exist... Someone would have to secretly manufacture more than that total number of currently existing X11 ASIC rigs, and continue producing more to keep up... You'd essentially have to be your own silicon foundry. The investment needed to accomplish this is greater than DASH's market cap. Not to mention, a successful attack would guarantee 0 profit... they'd be in the hole for over a $1,000,000,000 USD and have noting to show for it... Only a government would do something like. China, USA... I can't think of any other government with the motivation, power, and resources to do that. Of these two, china seems the more likely, and we have absolutely zero evidence that either is actually doing so.

Mmmm, interestin.
Leaving those paintball games aside for a moment, is there a more or less trustless way to verify the status of the coming releases and testnet?

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pulls

pull 2643 (Implement LLMQ based ChainLocks) handles ChainLocks, which as you can see is still being worked on (changes requested)
pull 2638 ([WIP] Translations201902) is also something to keep an eye on, its often the final step in an update process (currently at 1 of 19)

The work on v0.14 can be followed here : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/tree/develop
The commits (https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commits/develop) show which pulls have been approved and implemented into the development branche of v0.14

Once testing of v0.14 has been concluded and its ready for release on mainnet, the approved commits will move from the developer branche into the master branche.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back