• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

2 MN in 1 VM with 2 IP

Tesquenure

Hi,

1) - MNs
I try to find the best practice and howto for conf 2 MN on 1 VM with 2 IP.

2) - Cold wallet
Can i use 1 wallet with 2 key with 1000 drk by key ?

1) Yes that works, just start two daemons with a darkcoin.conf each which uses bind=<ip address> and rpcport=<just some port>

2) don't if that is possible. I don't thinks so because its is important the 1000drk are in the 0th account address.

1) Yes that works, just start two daemons with a darkcoin.conf each which uses bind=<ip address> and rpcport=<just some port>

2) don't if that is possible. I don't thinks so because its is important the 1000drk are in the 0th account address.

Does they need to be in 2 different folder ?

yes, you need two folders for the remote setup if you want to have two masternodes

Remote setup, you speak about remote cold wallet, or MN side ?

My question is about MN side, can i have le 2 conf files in the same folder. That's meen with the same darcoind and blockchain folder

I just checked the options of darkcoind with ( in linux )
./darkcoind --help and that gives me the informations:

-conf=<file> Specify configuration file (default: darkcoin.conf)
AND
-datadir=<dir> Specify data directory

With that you could have two darkcoin.conf files in one directory but you still need two seperate folders if you want to run the daemons at the same time I think. Locally that might save you some hassle with the cold wallets. Remotely ... I don't know.

im near the end i think.
1) - What does it mean, if i see my tMN2 in the masternode list of my tMN1 and not in masternode list of him self ?
EDIT : That mean than tMN2 need more time, its ok now

2) - can i listen on other port than 19999 ?

im near the end i think.
1) - What does it mean, if i see my tMN2 in the masternode list of my tMN1 and not in masternode list of him self ?
EDIT : That mean than tMN2 need more time, its ok now

2) - can i listen on other port than 19999 ?

2.) No, that is the Testnet port. Shouldn't be an issue to open when using two separate IP's on the same machine. For example MN1: 192.168.2.1:19999 and MN2: 192.168.2.2:19999

Back