• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

WTT Because Guns. Sort-of

Status
Not open for further replies.

camosoul

This forum will not allow me to post without selecting a WTB/WTS/WTT prefix. Do note that I am not buying, selling, or trading anything within this post.

Yes, yes, I know. Not allowed to buy and sell guns here because DASH is anti-human rights. Whatever. I'm not selling a gun. Or asking to buy one. Or trade. Or whatever. So you uptight genocidal anti-human-rights jerks can just screw off. I'm posting this in the marketplace only to draw attention to the fact that it can be done.

I'm posting this to show that DASH is viable for buying and building an AR-15. Yes. An evilbad ammosexual assault devil babykiller scary soulsucking AR-15!

I didn't just "buy a gun." I shopped judiciously (Jewishly?) for parts. Many services, such as eBay and Amazon, are run by leftist dickbags. They hate guns, but they know nothing about guns. It isn't merely hypocritical douchebaggery, it makes it pretty easy to "fly under the radar" and actually sell a lot of gun stuff on their services, even though it is supposedly forbidden; because they, and those playing watchdog, are too stupid to figure out what they're looking at. Being a brain-dead, hateful asshole has consequences, lols! Their arguments are all based on hate and lies accompanied by a complete lack of education, facts or understanding. It took 4 YEARS for eBay to finally figure out what a Solvent Trap is, and just recently banned them from sale on their site. You should hear my competitors crying...

I bought a piece here, a piece there. I actually made the receiver from material that I bought with DASH. So, no evil government registration schemes. No evil paperwork. No evil background checks. No proof that it even exists except that I'm posting it here.

100% paid for with DASH.
Most of this gun was bought on Amazon.com using egifter and gyft via BTC > shapeshift > DASH, in spite of their vehemently anti-human-rights policies. Delivered right to my door. Free shipping! I even got an M16 bolt carrier on Amazon.com! In fact, I couldn't find a true AR-15 bolt carrier anywhere on Amazon.com. They were ALL M16 bolt carriers! Winning so hard!

And better, at significant discount! The complete rifle cost me LESS THAN $400 in exchange rated monies. My MasterNodes pay me enough to build several of these every week if I wanted!

Just imagine how many dead democrats there would be if I and other gun owners really were the evil, stupid, inbred, bloodthirsty bastards that the shit-for-brains, hate-mongering, lying democrats slander us to be!

Without further ado, here's the pretty picture:

IMG_20151017_211223.jpg

Do not ask me if you can buy it. You can't. Not only is buying and selling tools against forum rules, it is also against Federal Law (USA) to build a gun with intent to sell it if you do not possess the special licenses and permits and pay enormous taxes. It is legal to make a gun for yourself of the same sort that it would be legal to buy (except for machineguns which have been banned from civilian manufacture since 1986 by an illegal congressional action with no discernible reason to have done it, nothing but typical democrat persecution), as long as you have no intention of selling it. I have no intention of selling this.

I'm not even a fan of Stoner's AR platform. In my not-at-all humble opinion, it's a silly, fragile, gimmicky toy invented as a military contractor's lightbulb conspiracy wet dream of constantly breaking and wearing out parts. It's the honda-accord-with-a-fart-pipe of the gun world.

Most of the right side of the firearm is flat and blank... I could totally engrave a DASH logo on it and go shoot (targets of) Shiba Inus...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, wish you lived closer so that when the shit hits the fan, I'd feel safer ;)

Hey, don't take my comments of wanting a seemingly "up and up" version of Open Bazaar to be built because that's just business. I want a version that "normal" people feel is socially approved to shop at, and to sell at. I want general acceptance of cryptos (which I have no doubt Dash would be #1) because those idiot "normal" people have most of the USD, Euros, etc... and the most trade going on, of which I think we can dominate. The freedom that comes with that will happen on it's own.

You'll never get the general public to understand freedom. Honestly, if they spent 1 millisecond really thinking about how much of their lives are now under someone elses control (IE the government), I'd be surprised. They want a big Daddy to take care of them to be honest. My family are all highly intelligent, as far as IQ goes, but you can see the pain on their face when I bring up something like gun control. They actually trust the police state more than their fellow citizens, unless you go to a black neighborhood. Even there, most everyone thinks the police are a necessary evil. And this is a family with roots in Nazi Germany, just 70 short years ago, not even close to a century ago. How fast we forget! Was the common citizen allowed to own guns? NO! That is why the Nazis and Commies were fist fighting in the old days. Ah, don't get me started!

IMO, those that think differently simply morally, have to be prepared to step up to the plate and call foul when the powers that be go too far, and have to be the hated ones that make all the noise and hopefully save their country from ruin.

But for me, it's looking at the long term. For me, it's killing fiat money because the power to be on top of the money chain is what enslaves the people the most. Lets make the Government REALLY respond to the people by switching. By making their fiat worthless. Believe me, they will have to go back to a gold standard to give their fiat any value in the end.

In the mean time, with most of the potential value of the world stuck in Cryptos, the Government will have to behave, for us to pay them.

I know that's simplistic, and it will end up causing something more akin to a pay an equal share setup where the rich pay the same taxes, but I believe people have a lot of philanthropy in them in general. Look at otoh, how he tries to help, man I've seen him lose a lot of money! Wealthy people will donate parks, to the arts, to charities just like they do now. I believe that the world will go forward with much less waste if the Feds only took care of protecting our boarders and the cops were appointed for their neighborhood and immediately accountable to their people. It's not like, in today's easy access to communications, that we need representatives to do our communicating!

Well, I know the above will never really happen, but the threat of it might actually make our governments responsive.

Nice, wish you lived closer so that when the shit hits the fan, I'd feel safer ;)

Hey, don't take my comments of wanting a seemingly "up and up" version of Open Bazaar to be built because that's just business. I want a version that "normal" people feel is socially approved to shop at, and to sell at. I want general acceptance of cryptos (which I have no doubt Dash would be #1) because those idiot "normal" people have most of the USD, Euros, etc... and the most trade going on, of which I think we can dominate. The freedom that comes with that will happen on it's own.

You'll never get the general public to understand freedom. Honestly, if they spent 1 millisecond really thinking about how much of their lives are now under someone elses control (IE the government), I'd be surprised. They want a big Daddy to take care of them to be honest. My family are all highly intelligent, as far as IQ goes, but you can see the pain on their face when I bring up something like gun control. They actually trust the police state more than their fellow citizens, unless you go to a black neighborhood. Even there, most everyone thinks the police are a necessary evil. And this is a family with roots in Nazi Germany, just 70 short years ago, not even close to a century ago. How fast we forget! Was the common citizen allowed to own guns? NO! That is why the Nazis and Commies were fist fighting in the old days. Ah, don't get me started!

IMO, those that think differently simply morally, have to be prepared to step up to the plate and call foul when the powers that be go too far, and have to be the hated ones that make all the noise and hopefully save their country from ruin.

But for me, it's looking at the long term. For me, it's killing fiat money because the power to be on top of the money chain is what enslaves the people the most. Lets make the Government REALLY respond to the people by switching. By making their fiat worthless. Believe me, they will have to go back to a gold standard to give their fiat any value in the end.

In the mean time, with most of the potential value of the world stuck in Cryptos, the Government will have to behave, for us to pay them.

I know that's simplistic, and it will end up causing something more akin to a pay an equal share setup where the rich pay the same taxes, but I believe people have a lot of philanthropy in them in general. Look at otoh, how he tries to help, man I've seen him lose a lot of money! Wealthy people will donate parks, to the arts, to charities just like they do now. I believe that the world will go forward with much less waste if the Feds only took care of protecting our boarders and the cops were appointed for their neighborhood and immediately accountable to their people. It's not like, in today's easy access to communications, that we need representatives to do our communicating!

Well, I know the above will never really happen, but the threat of it might actually make our governments responsive.

In the war against stupidity and laziness, there is never victory. Fiat will only be replaced by guvcoin crypto, if even that. The overwhelming majority want to be owned, it's easier. Rights require responsibility for them. That's too much trouble. Fiat, or a digital version of it, will never go away because there will always be a huge number of people who like it that way. Statists always imagine themselves to be wielding the power they voted for, not subject to it... Ever notice how you can talk to an anti-gunner at length, and eventually they agree that they'd like to have one handung for self-protection, but they don't want to fill out the form or be put on a government list; but everyone else should be subjected to it! "I know I'm safe, but I don't know if anyone else is!" So, the law is for everyone else, not them... And they wonder why people get thrown in jail for stupid things like weed... Derp! Give guv power and it uses it on everyone, you aren't protected just because you're the one who voted to persecute the other guy. People that dumb will always be the majority. Mediocrity knows no superior due to overwhelming confirmation bias.

Even broken crypto, like Bicoin, is only for people who desire freedom. No one is more hopelessly enslaved than those who equate prison with safety.

We need to look at another concept.

Democrats always fight for everything they want all the time. They demand impossible stuff that makes no sense. Such as voting to shut off gravity so we can all flap our arms and fly away. Gravity is just an evil, racist, republican conspiracy anyway! But, since it's not actually possible to shut off gravity, they 'compromise' and 'settle' for merely stealing all our stuff. They end up accomplishing 100% of what's real because they set the goal far beyond reality, and then settle for reality. Still angry that they didn't get impossible stuff, always looking for a way to hurt the people they blame for reality...

Republicans, on the other hand, have brains. We don't try to do ridiculous things like shut off gravity because we know it's impossible. We set pragmatic and realistic goals. Usually already retracting a bit to respect others and assure the rights of all are protected. Then along comes the class warfare, we compromise, and end up with about 20% or less... Usually nothing.

Being insane, hateful, and morbidly stupid is the formula for success because people like that never quit, are fueeld by endless hate an entitlement. It's the bad version of George Bernard Shaw's observation: "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Democrats accomplish their goals because they're obscenely unreasonable. While George meant the meaning of his statement for men who deliberately defy the status quo in a fully-informed and productive manner, it's even more effective when abused by a mob of stupid, mindless animals.

I wonder if DASH is suffering from this same dynamic? Look at the mob of stupid, worthless abbreviations being traded on exchanges. All clones of a broken progenitor which remains popular because the crack-pipe mentality is all that matters. It's much like dating women. All they want is someone who''d a dumb animal that will stoop to any low for a buck, and pay her for sex with that buck. Any notion of a real, human relationship, and they aren't interested. Animalistic nihilism is a social trend effecting everything we know, and has become the norm. Crypto suffers likewise, screaming their banboy/troll abbreviation's name from the rooftop is all that matters in spite of seeing Bitcoin fall behind as the blockchain remains and finds many uses. Thinking about it critically is irrelevant. "Crypto is failing, but blockchain has win" is all around us. But it's an over-generalized statement. Doesn't matter! Don't think! The problem is that the blockchain is beautiful, but Bitcoin, which is built on top of it, is broken and so are all of it's clones. Crypto isn't broken. Bitcoin-based crypto is broken. Satorish called it an experiment himself! Good science is good observation. Refusing to observe the result of the experiment is what's going on now. The whole of crypto looks broken because it's all just a copy of Bitcoin, which is broken. DASH being the only exceptin means it doesn't fit into that screwed-up crack-pipe environment. Crypto isn't even called "cryptocurrency" anymore because it isn't fit to be used as such. It's just a bunch of equally broken coins trading bagholders, as exchanges take a positive cut on every one. DASH actually got delisted for being stable! IT fulfills just one quality that the screwed up coin's don't, and that makes it cast out from the cult for the very reason that it's becoming useful as an actually CURRENCY, and that makes it undesirable! In very much the same way that a human being that actually uses it's brain has no place in a society that casts intellect aside and praises behaving like a bunch of damn, dirty apes. What we're seeing is not a problem with the crypt community, but simply the manner in which crypto has amplified certain pre-existing defects in humanity for which Bitcoin didn't create a paradoxical rule set as it uses to balance things such as hashpower.

I wonder how e approach that problem. It seems obvious to us all, which is why we have great ideas, but then back away from actually doing it... For me, at least, it's not fear of failure, but know in advance that it won't work. I don't jump off the roof and flap my arms because I know that voting to shut off gravity doesn't work and I'll get hurt real bad...

We're still missing something... Maybe it's as simply as psychology... Many people spend decades with therapists exploring every detail of how they got all fucked up in the head, neglecting the fact that this exploration will not solve the problem. It's interesting and complicated, but they're getting stuck in a monkey trap. Human intellect, being above the animals, means we are not subject to being a product of our environment or anatomy, if we choose to have a conscious thought to defy it. Screw where you came from and how you came to be what you are today. Tomorrow is your CHOICE. you don't have to keep up the trend.

I think that's where DASH is stuck. We forget to be the unreasonable man. We are a fish expecting to climb a tree. We're worrying about what doesn't work, and where we don't fit. We're worried that our health food won't be accepted by crack-heads. Well, duh, of course it won't. Why measure ourselves by a failed metric that doesn't even apply to us? We're a fish. We need to stop climbing trees and go for a swim, and stop worrying about what the poo-flinging monkeys think about it. We're not one of them.

This forum will not allow me to post without selecting a WTB/WTS/WTT prefix. Do note that I am not buying, selling, or trading anything within this post.

Yes, yes, I know. Not allowed to buy and sell guns here because DASH is anti-human rights. Whatever. I'm not selling a gun. Or asking to buy one. Or trade. Or whatever. So you uptight genocidal anti-human-rights jerks can just screw off. I'm posting this in the marketplace only to draw attention to the fact that it can be done.

I'm posting this to show that DASH is viable for buying and building an AR-15. Yes. An evilbad ammosexual assault devil babykiller scary soulsucking AR-15!

I didn't just "buy a gun." I shopped judiciously (Jewishly?) for parts. Many services, such as eBay and Amazon, are run by leftist dickbags. They hate guns, but they know nothing about guns. It isn't merely hypocritical douchebaggery, it makes it pretty easy to "fly under the radar" and actually sell a lot of gun stuff on their services, even though it is supposedly forbidden; because they, and those playing watchdog, are too stupid to figure out what they're looking at. Being a brain-dead, hateful asshole has consequences, lols! Their arguments are all based on hate and lies accompanied by a complete lack of education, facts or understanding. It took 4 YEARS for eBay to finally figure out what a Solvent Trap is, and just recently banned them from sale on their site. You should hear my competitors crying...

I bought a piece here, a piece there. I actually made the receiver from material that I bought with DASH. So, no evil government registration schemes. No evil paperwork. No evil background checks. No proof that it even exists except that I'm posting it here.

100% paid for with DASH.
Most of this gun was bought on Amazon.com using egifter and gyft via BTC > shapeshift > DASH, in spite of their vehemently anti-human-rights policies. Delivered right to my door. Free shipping! I even got an M16 bolt carrier on Amazon.com! In fact, I couldn't find a true AR-15 bolt carrier anywhere on Amazon.com. They were ALL M16 bolt carriers! Winning so hard!

And better, at significant discount! The complete rifle cost me LESS THAN $400 in exchange rated monies. My MasterNodes pay me enough to build several of these every week if I wanted!

Just imagine how many dead democrats there would be if I and other gun owners really were the evil, stupid, inbred, bloodthirsty bastards that the shit-for-brains, hate-mongering, lying democrats slander us to be!

View attachment 1951

Do not ask me if you can buy it. You can't. Not only is buying and selling tools against forum rules, it is also against Federal Law (USA) to build a gun with intent to sell it if you do not possess the special licenses and permits and pay enormous taxes. It is legal to make a gun for yourself of the same sort that it would be legal to buy (except for machineguns which have been banned from civilian manufacture since 1986 by an illegal congressional action with no discernible reason to have done it, nothing but typical democrat persecution), as long as you have no intention of selling it. I have no intention of selling this.

I'm not even a fan of Stoner's AR platform. In my not-at-all humble opinion, it's a silly, fragile, gimmicky toy invented as a military contractor's lightbulb conspiracy wet dream of constantly breaking and wearing out parts. It's the honda-accord-with-a-fart-pipe of the gun world.

Most of the right side of the firearm is flat and blank... I could totally engrave a DASH logo on it and go shoot (targets of) Shiba Inus...
Sweeeeet. I guess this is one of the perks of living in some states in the USA. Outside US it is much much more difficult to assemble such beauty. No that I've ever tried.

Sweeeeet. I guess this is one of the perks of living in some states in the USA. Outside US it is much much more difficult to assemble such beauty. No that I've ever tried.
The funniest part is that it costs about $600 to buy an AK, yet the anti-gun morons keep repeating the lie that South and Central America's "gun violence problem" is a result of guns leaving the USA... When you can buy a REAL, full-auto AK pretty much anywhere else in the world for under $50.

In the USA, and most countries, only the Receiver is considered "the gun." Everything else is just pieces of metal. AR-15 Receivers have been 3D printed for a few years now... Figure it out... ;-)

I built the one in the picture in MDI and JOG mode on my CnC mill. I just got around to finally writing a program to do it faster... You don't need fancy technology if you're willing to learn, and most people, especially those from the iPhone generation, are not... Ignorance is their prison.

I just made a second one, and 10 more Lower Receivers. So, that's 12x AR-15s DASH helped bring into the world!

Pix please. Thanks! :)
Lols, don't have to ask me twice for Gun Porn! These are the 2 complete DASH-funded AR-15s, and 10 more lower receivers. You can see the flip-up iron sights I put on them. Bad sight radius. Crappy... Red/Green dots will be tried next.
IMG_20151027_231212.jpg

The next one is my customized Taurus PT1911AR, but I'm going to make one very similar out of DASH in the near future:
2015-09-27-17.16.56.jpg

She's a bit of a frankengun, but she works! I still have a few finishing touches...

Has the grips I took off of the Taurus. Frame is for a 4.5in slide, but has a 5in slide on it, hence the gap where you can see the recoil spring. Not pleased with the thumb safety's fit, but it does it's job. I should probably re-finish the hammer since I had to buff the side down a little to make it fit in the frame. The frame was some kind of high-nickel mystery steel. It won't parkerize, but it loves to rust on contact with acid. Full length guide rod to compensate for the recoil spring binding in the gap.

This frame had a cut-out for a ramped barrel. Pretty ghey. I'm not sure if I want to hunt down a ramped barrel, or try to be magical and replace the ramped section using my completely mad no-CAM 3D milling skillz and TIG glory.

I need to fix the extractor retainer hole and get a long extractor.

I might give those recover tactical grips a try. Would give me a rail and also hide that dust cover gap.

But, anyway, this is what DASH 1911 looks like now. She goes bang.
IMG_20151113_002524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, things that go bang :) Not much into guns tbh but interesting thread none the less. Any manufacturer do the high stress parts in kevlar or carbon fibre composites? They should be ideal for high strength non wearing parts and 3d printing is ideal for making moulds, usually relatively simple metallic or even ceramic sections for wearing surfaces can be moulded in place.

Mmm, things that go bang :) Not much into guns tbh but interesting thread none the less. Any manufacturer do the high stress parts in kevlar or carbon fibre composites? They should be ideal for high strength non wearing parts and 3d printing is ideal for making moulds, usually relatively simple metallic or even ceramic sections for wearing surfaces can be moulded in place.
3D printing is, at this point, the outlet of lazy people. People who want gun but don't want to learn gun. It's engineering welfare and will be a truly abysmal outcome. We've already got any old moron with a copy of Sketchup or pirated SolidWorks making up solid models of impossible objects that will only blow up in your hand, right next to your face and carotid artery... It's one thing when stupid people get iPhones to cater to their stupidity. But when those same idiots think they can make guns, cars, and airplanes...

There's no substitute for good old-fashioned 4130 Steel. There are sleeved barrels. Carbon fiber and aluminum and titanium, but the sleeve inside is, guess what, good old chrome-moly.

Bolts, trunions, barrel extensions and locking lugs? All chrome-moly steel (or fancier). sometimes, maraging or cobalt superalloys. Many gun designs are dependent upon alloying elements that have only recently been refined or industrialized. Even Cody Wilson's 3D printer gun designs use steel parts in all of the critical areas.

Most of the AR-15 receivers in the pictures above are plastic. But the barrels are 4140. The bolts, carriers, extractors, ejectors, springs, gas tubes, pins, detends, etc. are all fancier stuff than that. The ones in the picture are better plastic than any 3D printer can do, and they're still pretty crappy. I wouldn't try putting anything more than 5.56x45 or 5.7x28 on them. .300 BO? 6.8SPC? .458SOCOM? .50 Beowulf? They'd never last. There's a reason you see the 3D printed and plastic lowers "torture tested" on wimpy calibers.... I doubt you'd get 5 shots out of any of them. Plastic of any kind has tiny yield numbers. As they yield, their ultimate reduces until it is reached. this applies to virtually everything. Plastic does it really well, no matter what kind of plastic it is. It's just hardened oil... It has no ability to resist deformation, and none of the toughness needed to prevent shattering. There's no such thing as a polymer that is even in the same universe as wimpy carbon steels, much less common 4130.

It's not just "stress" but also heat. Gas systems handle temps exceeding 2200 degrees. They need to no melt or catch on fire, or be reduced in strength in any way by thermal tempering, etc.

Guns look like physically simple objects, but there is much that goes into the shape and materials so that the "stresses" and temperatures can be handled with the gun falling apart, or worse, blowing up. Even something as simple as a slam-fire zip gun can be made by pretty much anyone. But when pretty much anyone makes it, it blows them up.

"Strength" and "stress" are too generic a term to be accurate. Titanium is remarkably strong when it comes to deformation and tensile, but sucks as bad as aluminum when it comes to sheer and/or abrasion. There's a reason gun barrels aren't made of it; they would shred to nothing before the first magazine was empty.

Sintered steel 3D printing is relegated to decorative/artistic sculpturing. It might replace sand cast molding for pretty things and toys and stuff, but the only thing I know of that can sinter well is carbide cutting inserts. Far too hard when subjected to shock. Shatters like glass. No way it could replace the ubiquitous 4130.

There's no substitute for understanding physics. There is so far, no known substitute for machined and heat-treated 4130. There will never be a substitute for the first. There is no indication of a substitute for the latter but maybe someday well into the future, beyond either of our grandchildrens' lifetimes.

My Form 1s just came through this morning... So now I can publicly prove my point.

Last edited:
You lost me at Form 1, I'm guessing you're perfectly legal to make bangs publicly now though and congrats if so. I'd imagine gun parts suffer some fairly severe stresses, never really thought about it much but I'd guess its the same kind of area as aerospace tech at the top end of the market. Still, the likes of the ak47 is the same kind of area as automotive components, cheap, simple and plenty strong enough for the job but the heat issues would be a problem, suspension wishbones would be made easy enough with composites and cut out the need for specialised presses and dies but not turbo housings.

I've been meaning to put together a CNC cutting table for a while and was wondered about using that and mig welding to try out 3d metallic printing, anyone doing anything like that? The original idea was an electroplating type process to build up parts, it'd be extremely slow and materials limited but precision could be good, welding makes more sense for cheap and strong and could be as precise as good quality castings with refinement.

You lost me at Form 1, I'm guessing you're perfectly legal to make bangs publicly now though and congrats if so. I'd imagine gun parts suffer some fairly severe stresses, never really thought about it much but I'd guess its the same kind of area as aerospace tech at the top end of the market. Still, the likes of the ak47 is the same kind of area as automotive components, cheap, simple and plenty strong enough for the job but the heat issues would be a problem, suspension wishbones would be made easy enough with composites and cut out the need for specialised presses and dies but not turbo housings.

I've been meaning to put together a CNC cutting table for a while and was wondered about using that and mig welding to try out 3d metallic printing, anyone doing anything like that? The original idea was an electroplating type process to build up parts, it'd be extremely slow and materials limited but precision could be good, welding makes more sense for cheap and strong and could be as precise as good quality castings with refinement.
Form 1 is paying $200 each and begging for permission from the Federal Government to personally manufacture a type of object with random nonsensical features that cause it to come under the purview of the National Firearms Act or Gun Control Act. Combined with Federal Registration of that object. Simple guns. Silencers, Guns that are more accurate than usual, etc. Things you'd never expect would be so heavily regulated designed as booby traps to people with common sense so that they can be thrown in prison for exercising a supposedly constitutionally protected right, but which is somehow now a crime in spite of that... Put a forward grip on your handgun so that it can be better aimed and controlled? Felony! Poor person wants a simple zip gun for self protection? Felony! Barrel of the rifle you made came out 0.125 inches shorter than you intended? Felony! Think it's dumb to wear earmuffs that prevent hearing each other while operating potentially deadly machines? Felony! It's not just random nonsense thing that can turn you into a felon, but they even made common sense illegal so that anyone who simply draws logical conclusions will be criminals, too. The NFA and GCA are laws that actually criminalize intelligence and rational thinking. It's why gun laws are so confusing and off-putting to newbies. They don't make any sense, and intentionally so. It's meant to be a minefield of stupid shit that can land you in prison for wanting a gun.

I got 6 of my $200ea permissions slips to make 4x silencers and 2x zip guns. I can now publicly prove just how simple and easy these objects are to make. Using technology that is over 100 year old, and materials that I found laying on the side of the road.

Welding doesn't work the way you're imagining it... I'd hate to see you spend the money you'd need to spend on that 3D welding printer project, only to find out it's way far away from being workable. The bottom line is; conduction. Metal likes to do it.

IMG_20151128_232943.jpg

Ramped barrel to match the frame showed up today. You can see it's stainlessness just barely peaking out. Still wearing the old Taurus grips I had laying about. I've got an extended safety and extended slide release to fit. My tiny girl hands need the upgrade. But, she's 100% functional at this point. Still a bit of a frankengun, but fully operational.

Emptied 8 magazines through her. She ate equal parts cheap-o reloads and Perfecta. Had two failures to feed, but they were caused by a crappy magazine. Black-coated metalform stainless mags work flawlessly in her (as pictured).

Necro my own thread for an update.

1st-1911-Final-Form.jpg

Snagged a Recover Tactical grip/rail layover thingy from Amazon using DASH -> Shapeshift -> BTC -> egifter -> Amazon Gift Card.

The Aluminum trigger stands out...

Whatever. It's not bad for my first 1911, made entirely out of Masternode Payments.

Over 600 rounds through her so far. Every once in a blue moon I get a failure to feed, looks like a hangup on an overtuned extractor... Slight nudge and she pops into chamber for bang time. Damn near perfect!

Already 90% of the way done with the next one; 10mm baby!

Yeah, I'm bumping this totally useless thread again.

Because DASH 1911 #2 is taking shape. I had some resin grey woodgrain grips that I was going to use, and they'd probably hold up better. But, I was derping through eBay the other day and stumbled upon the most excellent ones seen below and couldn't hold myself back even though they were stupidly overpriced.

So, here she is posing next to DASH 1911 #1. Which interestingly enough, in spite of being a gun I made with no clue what I was getting into regarding the 1911 platform, has a more solid action and fit and finish than several of the $2,000.00+ custom 1911s at my regional/local LGS. Apparently, even with a blindfold and both hands tied behind my back, I'm still more badass than those who are considered untouchable badasses able to write their own checks for the guns they make...

Whoda thunk that John Moses Browning's finest, model 1911, would be so well matched to Revelation 19:11?!

2nd-1911-10mm-beginning.jpg

Last edited:
No idea how your Volkswagen car-keys ended up in this collection of deadly weapons...must be your driving style I guess :p

No idea how your Volkswagen car-keys ended up in this collection of deadly weapons...must be your driving style I guess :p
It's a collection of awesomeness. TDIs are almost as awesome as Guns. :p

Or maybe...

Last edited:
Awesome thread.

I will definitely be reaching out to you once I move out to my farm on a more permanent basis.

This would be awesome to hunt down wild boars with an AR-15 LOL!!

100% paid for with DASH.

View attachment 1951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back