• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How is evolution going to speed up anonymization?

push:

eduffield I have to ask you a question about Darksend. In a earlier Evolution graphic "instant anonymity" was promised. Now I saw you latest interview with "the daily decrypt" where you told it's going to take 1hour for mixing. What is correct now? Please tell, will we ever see instant Darksend, instant like InstantX?

Also I remember you told every transaction will be a Darksend by default, no pre-mixing needed, what's about that?

I believe there's some mention on Darksend v2 which is PrivacyProtect. I guess we'll get some updates on this :D

It is definitely a very good question that for sure a lot of people are asking. It is, of course, cool to have a soda machine with DASH, but the mixing process should become one order of magnitude faster for DASH to be really useful. I remember, it took several days to anonymize just 1000 DASH with 4 rounds... Conflicted transactions... No one to mix with...

Will it possible to check how much liquidity is there for the 100 denomination with dash-cli? I assume many are mixing with 0.1, 1 and 10 denominations.

$ dash-cli liquidity 100

Last edited by a moderator:
Also there is still the budget of 140Dash/month paid for the Liquidity providers. I can't see that this helped with the mixing speed?
570 USD per month??? :wink: not bad to say the least ;)

I for my part will vote it down now... https://www.dashwhale.org/p/ds-liquidity

We have created a new team to support the network by providing liquidity for the mixing on the network. Results for mixing on the network look promising, users have reported being able to mix in a few hours instead of days.
Do you know who is in that liquidity team?

By the way, after a proposal has been accepted and paid, would it be reasonable to demand a detailed report how the funds are spent, and what are the major results?

Evan choose new members every month randomly, if I remember correctly. You could apply for that some time ago.

i think i remember having read somewhere that the needed number of mixing rounds will be drastically lower with Dash Evolution,
something like 1 Evolution round would give the anonymity security of 4 Darksend rounds or something ? Or maybe even higher then 4 rounds,
i cant remember it exactly.

i think i remember having read somewhere that the needed number of mixing rounds will be drastically lower with Dash Evolution,
something like 1 Evolution round would give the anonymity security of 4 Darksend rounds or something ? Or maybe even higher then 4 rounds,
i cant remember it exactly.
I think it was Evans latest interview with The Daily Decrypt. It will use masternode blinding so that one round is enough. It also will require much less bandwidth, so that phones could use it. The only thing that wasn't clear to me is if it will be used by default (I hope so).

I think it was Evans latest interview with The Daily Decrypt. It will use masternode blinding so that one round is enough. It also will require much less bandwidth, so that phones could use it. The only thing that wasn't clear to me is if it will be used by default (I hope so).

In the video Evan mentions it will take 1 hour which is much faster that the current system. Guess it's fair to say it won't be activated by default unless they manage to bring it down a lot to just a few minutes.

In the video Evan mentions it will take 1 hour which is much faster that the current system. Guess it's fair to say it won't be activated by default unless they manage to bring it down a lot to just a few minutes.
It could be activated by default. You receive funds and start mixing them. If you have to spend them before they are totally mixed, you can do it too.

Back