• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Good thing y'all started publishing Dash materials in Russian. Looks like Irina stumbled on them.

A bug to be worked out of the decentralized governance process, perhaps. Glad we get to be pioneers in this process.
Yes, 10% for approval is a very serious BUG.
You have repeatedly said that she is spreading FUD and horrific misinformation. Could you please be specific with the exact statements she made and how they are wrong or how they are spreading fear, uncertainty or doubt, and also how you would correct them. Thanks.
How have you managed to not know this already? Why must I be the Fact Welfare?

How have you managed to not know this already? Why must I be the Fact Welfare?

Because you are the one making the claim. Back it up or I am just going to assume your claims of "horrific" misrepresentation and FUD is massive exaggeration.

Guys please let's stay positive.

It was just a funny video - not an analytical/comparison video. Yes - it wasn't quite correct towards DASH, but it wasn't a catastrophe. It looks like a provocation (maybe even intentional - to induce jealousy and discussions :) - sometimes it happens when you try "to buy girl's love").

Because you are the one making the claim. Back it up or I am just going to assume your claims of "horrific" misrepresentation and FUD is massive exaggeration.
If you were reading, you'd realize I just did. Make your assumptions at your own risk. All you have to do is educate yourself a little. It's not a claim, it's a statement of fact which you could easily arrive upon for yourself if you made the effort. Use your own brain and you won't have to take my word for it, or troll me with stupid demands for Fact Welfare. Lift a finger or two and figure it out for yourself. It's the 3rd post from the bottom of page 3. I'm not going to link it. You can go find it if you try.

I can speak the words, but I can't force you to understand them. Nor would I, even if I could.

If you were reading, you'd realize I just did. Make your assumptions at your own risk. All you have to do is educate yourself a little. It's not a claim, it's a statement of fact which you could easily arrive upon for yourself if you made the effort. Use your own brain and you won't have to take my word for it, or troll me with stupid demands for Fact Welfare. Lift a finger or two and figure it out for yourself. It's all near the bottom of page 3. I'm not even going to link it. You can go find it.

I can speak the words, but I can't force you to understand them. Nor would I, even if I could.

I already read everything you wrote.
- Not explaining why Dash is better than Monero does not qualify as FUD or misrepresentation of Dash, especially when Dash and Monero were not even compared in the video.
- Not explaining how Darksend is better than coinjoin is an omission, not FUD. A *small* misrepresentation at the most, especially when it is in the context of a positive promo and directing people to check it out for themselves at dash.org
- The other features of Evolution have nothing to do with this video. Some of Evolution has already been referenced to in the corresponding Dash promo in the other videos.

So, anything else? Or is that pretty much the extent of your criticism?

Well, I think a lovely resolution would be for Amanda to actually explain this in her next sponsor blog spot. She doesn't have to start a war by mentioning Monero, she can simply refer to cryptonote based coins as a group.
Of course this can be fixed. What irks me are the people who hang around here and don't even know what's going on well enough to see the issue at hand. If you're so clueless that you can't even see the problem, you can't fix it, and you sure as shit can't be trusted to vote on solutions...

Obviously, you're not that clueless, Though you almost got sucked in by that HArdware Masternode guy... Just bringing up the point because your post was a good segway...

I already read everything you wrote.
- Not explaining why Dash is better than Monero does not qualify as FUD or misrepresentation of Dash, especially when Dash and Monero were not even compared in the video.
- Not explaining how Darksend is better than coinjoin is an omission, not FUD. A *small* misrepresentation at the most, especially when it is in the context of a positive promo and directing people to check it out for themselves at dash.org
- The other features of Evolution have nothing to do with this video. Some of Evolution has already been referenced to in the corresponding Dash promo in the other videos.

So, anything else? Or is that pretty much the extent of your criticism?
It doesn't matter how Darksend is different/better than CoinJoin.

I did, in fact, explain it even though it doesn't matter.

Darksend is not at all CoinJoin. The fact that CoinJoin was mentioned is the problem, because DASH doesn't use it. Darksend is not even close to the same thing as CoinJoin. v0.13 is going to have a system even farther removed that's better than Darksend, too! Are you even paying attention?

You are either a very practiced troll and liar, or you're so badly uninformed/misinformed that even after reading my explanation, you still managed to claim I didn't have an explanation... Why bother pointing you to the very information you seek, when you don't understand it even when you see it?

I can speak the words, I can't understand them for you. Read it again. Maybe it'll sink in... I very much did answer exactly what you asked. You just didn't grasp it. Or, you're pretending not to in order to further a troll agenda.

You're one post away from the ignore list.

Darksend is not at all CoinJoin. The fact that CoinJoin was mentioned is the problem, because DASH doesn't use it. Darksend is not even close to the same thing as CoinJoin. v0.13 is going to have a system even farther removed that's better than Darksend, too! Are you even paying attention?

Then we have to remove CoinJoin from official DASH/Darksend description:
https://www.dash.org/darksend/

(I think Amanda got it there)

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter how Darksend is different/better than CoinJoin.

I did, in fact, explain it even though it doesn't matter.

Darksend is not at all CoinJoin. The fact that CoinJoin was mentioned is the problem, because DASH doesn't use it. Darksend is not even close to the same thing as CoinJoin.

You are either a very practiced troll and liar, or you're so badly uninformed/misinformed that even after reading my explanation, you still managed to claim I didn't have an explanation... Why bother pointing you to the very information you seek, when you don't understand it even when you see it?

I can speak the words, I can't understand them for you. Read it again. Maybe it'll sink in... I very much did answer exactly what you asked. You just didn't grasp it.

So the mention of coinjoin is your criticism? No matter how you spin it, Darksend is LIKE coinjoin. It accomplishes the same goal that coinjoin has, just in a better, decentralized way and using pre-mixing. The comparison is valid, but calling it a "native coinjoin" gives the incorrect impression that it just comes with coinjoin. This is not a particularly serious error, IMO. If this was the only video where we got a promo then you would have more of a case.

All I gotta stay is don't turn this into a troll war please. We all have opinions, expectations and a different level of understanding for Dash. Amanda is a fan of all cryptos not JUST Dash, you can't expect a full on developer level understanding.

All I gotta stay is don't turn this into a troll war please. We all have opinions, expectations and a different level of understanding for Dash. Amanda is a fan of all cryptos not JUST Dash, you can't expect a full on developer level understanding.
No worries. Dummy just got himself ignored.

The point is, the Monero trolls love spreading the CoinJoin FUD. It took us 4 months the get them to fuck off with those lies. Now... Well, you get the idea. The circumstances are pretty obnoxious.

If someone is fool enough to think that "Darksend is LIKE CoinJoin" he has disqualified himself as a person worth hearing. Ignored. XMR trolls can go back to the BCT thread to spread their misinformation and try to bend fools to their interest... Whatevs. They troll us because they have to. I just didn't expect to get that trolling from someone we paid.

No worries. Dummy just got himself ignored.

The point is, the Monero trolls love spreading the CoinJoin FUD. It took us 4 months the get them to fuck off with those lies. Now... Well, you get the idea. The circumstances are pretty obnoxious.

If someone is fool enough to think that "Darksend is LIKE CoinJoin" he has disqualified himself as a person worth hearing. Ignored. XMR trolls can go back to the BCT thread to spread their misinformation and try to bend fools to their interest... Whatevs. They troll us because they have to. I just didn't expect to get that trolling from someone we paid.

Not sure how far your head has to go up your ass to not see that Darksend is similar to coinjoin, as has often been compared by Evan himself and is on our own website. Let the trolls say that it is the exact same thing, but no one here is saying that.

Then we have to remove CoinJoin from official DASH/Darksend description:
https://www.dash.org/darksend/

(I think Amanda got it there)

V13 Evolution Paper as well?
D6Hp02M.jpg

Maybe that's the source?
*edit, in the first 4 paragraphs 'we' mention coinjoin 5 times.
**edit 2, to be clear I don't agree with the representation of Darksend in the video and I do think some type of correction would somewhat improve the situation.

Last edited:
Old info. It was similar to CoinJoin at it's inception. Not anymore.

Will be even further from it in a few weeks.

Back