• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash to speak and exhibit at the 3rd Latin American Bitcoin Conference - Mexico

To look at it from another angle: the following, if accurate, raises a whole lot of red flags for me, as we were promised a very basic working prototype by the January 2016 conference. Moving that up 14 months without explanation is suspect:

"We plan to release a very simple prototype version of this software in late 2016 or early 2017 at the latest."

Also, I remember Evan saying it would take a long time to implement Evolution, but 5 years is really, really, long in software development. Just an observation.

Don't want to ruffle any feathers, these seem like legit points to me and I look forward to finding out more about this.

Pablo.

I got this message as:

1. Dash isn't going to create agiotage and "pump" around Evolution.
2. Dash needs and invites additional developers to join the project.

Curious about "drive". Couldn't it also be like megaupload with fees? Kim Dotcom became quite well off from that.

Phenomenal, there is a lot to take in :grin:
There are a number of subtle flourishes such as paid 'archive mode' hosting just in case 1 of the shards with all of its 3-10 computers break down.
A whole data library infrastructure with backups can be created and almost infinitely expanded, this could form the backbone of the internet, even a type of wikipedia storage system, I think someone else mentioned megaupload, perhaps this is what Kim Dotcom was looking for.

And this is very good and important for investors, because "public" file sharing will add lots of unwanted risks to the project.
Noted, that this is not intended for the general public, but there is always the potential in the future to expand its use, who knows what will be required as permanent storage as the whole world goes online. A proof of work validated, blockchain stored and encrypted decentralized storage system for company records and bond certificates for example.

This single headline explains the importance of DGBB. "Bitcoin foundation almost out of money"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 145
Back