• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Biweekly Digest

balu

Foundation Member
Dear Community,

Preparing for the upcoming presentation at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam I tried to put down in words how exactly we project managers aim to contribute to Dash. I came up with the following: "Our purpose is to support the developers, so that they can focus on execution instead of administration and coordination; while providing transparency for stakeholders, and making it easier for community members to contribute."

Why am I mentioning this? This initiative is particularly targeting the second section of the quote above: providing transparency for stakeholders.

Currently you need to keep an eye on multiple forums, chat rooms and websites if you'd like to stay up-to-date with the news. For many, this might be suboptimal. I thought about creating a biweekly digest containing all relevant news of the past 2 weeks, status updates, and possibly some sneak peak into our top secret projects.
The goal is to provide all the stakeholders with a regular, periodic update about the status of Dash. I know that as our userbase increases one unified news stream might not satisfy all segments of our stakeholders (e.g. investors might be interested in different news and metrics than the community) - should this happen, we will adapt.

It won't be perfect at first. I'll just create something I have in my mind, and keep improving it every iteration based on the feedback of the community. So let's get to the details!

What is fixed:
- I commit to this initiative for at least 10 iterations. No matter what, I'll keep pushing out the Dash Biweekly Digest for this period. Based on the information accumulated till then we can judge if it's worth continuing.
- For this period I'll post the updates every second Friday evening, starting 25th September

What is flexible:
- Everything else. I'll come up with the first version, THEN we can talk about layout, topics, sections and such.

What I need help with now:
- We need a platform where the community can submit news items. If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Don't think in a box. We could use email, JIRA, list.ly, trello, hackpad, or anything.
For now, please let me know if the Hackpad solution I came up with is easy enough. If yes, please help me gathering the happenings between 11th and 25 September. It's available here: https://dashpay.hackpad.com/gVmkboEpSiG

Please provide feedback about the idea itself, and the proposed collaboration tool as well.

Great initiative!

It is important not only for "Dash stakeholders" but for all crypto community!

My experience in DASH promotion in Russia show that "interview format" is much more effective than plain press-releases - people love reading "exciting stories about real people".

Dear Community,

Preparing for the upcoming presentation at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam I tried to put down in words how exactly we project managers aim to contribute to Dash. I came up with the following: "Our purpose is to support the developers, so that they can focus on execution instead of administration and coordination; while providing transparency for stakeholders, and making it easier for community members to contribute."

Why am I mentioning this? This initiative is particularly targeting the second section of the quote above: providing transparency for stakeholders.

Currently you need to keep an eye on multiple forums, chat rooms and websites if you'd like to stay up-to-date with the news. For many, this might be suboptimal. I thought about creating a biweekly digest containing all relevant news of the past 2 weeks, status updates, and possibly some sneak peak into our top secret projects.
The goal is to provide all the stakeholders with a regular, periodic update about the status of Dash. I know that as our userbase increases one unified news stream might not satisfy all segments of our stakeholders (e.g. investors might be interested in different news and metrics than the community) - should this happen, we will adapt.

It won't be perfect at first. I'll just create something I have in my mind, and keep improving it every iteration based on the feedback of the community. So let's get to the details!

What is fixed:
- I commit to this initiative for at least 10 iterations. No matter what, I'll keep pushing out the Dash Biweekly Digest for this period. Based on the information accumulated till then we can judge if it's worth continuing.
- For this period I'll post the updates every second Friday evening, starting 25th September

What is flexible:
- Everything else. I'll come up with the first version, THEN we can talk about layout, topics, sections and such.

What I need help with now:
- We need a platform where the community can submit news items. If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Don't think in a box. We could use email, JIRA, list.ly, trello, hackpad, or anything.
For now, please let me know if the Hackpad solution I came up with is easy enough. If yes, please help me gathering the happenings between 11th and 25 September. It's available here: https://dashpay.hackpad.com/gVmkboEpSiG

Please provide feedback about the idea itself, and the proposed collaboration tool as well.
Very nice idea.
Do not forget add some pictures.

Dear Community,

Am wondering is there only a single presentation planned on the 7th October, do you have anything else planned or is it just the one ?

This is a great idea, but please note, biweekly is 2X per week, Bi Monthly would be (nearly) every other week. Where would these updates be posted? I don't see it? I kind of think it should be in it's own cubby hole, you know, like testing has it's own forum threads? That way, the history would be easy to find and read. So has this been started? Is the hackpad the way you're distributing the information rather than a thread? Or is it for people to post news in order to help you have a well rounded posting?

This is a great idea, but please note, biweekly is 2X per week, Bi Monthly would be (nearly) every other week.
I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding.
weekly = once a week
Biweekly = every two weeks
Bimonthly = every two months

I kind of think it should be in it's own cubby hole, you know, like testing has it's own forum threads? That way, the history would be easy to find and read

I totally agree with this.

Finally, I think we may be already overdue on the biweekly update ... hoping another gets posted soon :)

weekly = once a week

I totally agree with this.

Finally, I think we may be already overdue on the biweekly update ... hoping another gets posted soon :)

Hey,

Yup, hopefully tomorrow :)
And most probably I'll ditch Hackpad, and move it somewhere else. For now, I'm posting it on the forum, but once our new website will be up, it might go there.

weekly = once a week

Now this is weird:

adjective & adverb
adjective: biweekly; adverb: biweekly; adjective: bi-weekly
  1. 1.
    appearing or taking place every two weeks or twice a week.
    "a biweekly bulletin"
noun
noun: biweekly; plural noun: biweeklies; noun: bi-weekly; plural noun: bi-weeklies
  1. 1.
    a periodical that appears every two weeks or twice a week.

It apparently means both. That's not just strange, but inconsistent IMO, LOL. C'est la English I guess! LOL (I speaka no French, thus have no idea the gender of English, just screwin' around)

Hey,

Yup, hopefully tomorrow :)
And most probably I'll ditch Hackpad, and move it somewhere else. For now, I'm posting it on the forum, but once our new website will be up, it might go there.
That would be very cool. Thanks for doing that, and if you ever need help, you know where ta find me ;P

Back