• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Update to 0.12 wallet problem. 0.11 does not start.

slakov

Hi guys. I just downloaded the fresh wallet 0.12 and installed it with -reindex. Probably that was a bad idea since after this my previous wallet 0.11 where I had some coins does not start anymore, saying:

Error reading masternode configuration file: Could not parse masternode.conf line: # Masternode config file

Does anybody have ideas how I can save my coins to transfer to the new wallet?

Many thanks upfront!

I had this problem some weeks ago. There was an incompatible masternode.conf present. Simply move,rename or delete masternode.conf file and restart your wallet.

Edit: One more thing: If you run 0.12 and 0.11 wallet on the same data directory and already reindexed with 0.12, be sure to include txindex=1 in your dash.conf file. Otherwise 0.11 isn't compatible with your new indexed blockchain data.

Edit2: Normally, there is no need to roll back to 0.11. The wallet.dat format hasn't changed. The coins should be there under 0.12.

Last edited by a moderator:
v12 now support comments in masternode.conf i.e. strings that start with '#', v11 know nothing about them.
Either remove them or delete/move masternode.conf as Lariondos already suggested.

Also v12 stores blocks a bit differently so you might need to reindex or even re-download blockchain again if you downgrade to v11.

wallet.dat is compatible either way.

I had this problem some weeks ago. There was an incompatible masternode.conf present. Simply move,rename or delete masternode.conf file and restart your wallet.

Edit: One more thing: If you run 0.12 and 0.11 wallet on the same data directory and already reindexed with 0.12, be sure to include txindex=1 in your dash.conf file. Otherwise 0.11 isn't compatible with your new indexed blockchain data.

Edit2: Normally, there is no need to roll back to 0.11. The wallet.dat format hasn't changed. The coins should be there under 0.12.

Thanks that helped. After deleting masternode.conf the 0.11 wallet starts again (with reindexing). I'll try to migrate to 0.12.

Back