• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Question: Isn't the TX confirmed only when the "green clock" icon becomes a "check mark" icon? Evan shows a bunch of "green clocks" but I don't see any "check marks".

Hope that makes sense.

Pablo.

The green clock means the inputs got locked up and are safe from double spending, the check mark means the transaction was included into a block. So there simply was no block event on the network while I was testing.

Question: Isn't the TX confirmed only when the "green clock" icon becomes a "check mark" icon? Evan shows a bunch of "green clocks" but I don't see any "check marks".

Hope that makes sense.

Pablo.

the checkmarks appeared after he put in a sleep command to wait a few miliseconds between each command .. but IX goes so fast its hard to see that.

So it starts with checkmark, get 5 IX confirmations (pretty much immediately) and will then wait for 6th pow confirmation to conclude the transaction.

:sad:
S0VfOFo.jpg

Those itx doesn't hit the blockchain in the first seconds. They are locked by MNs. What is the limit of tx a single MN can lock in the same time? Is there any cap?
Someone please clear that for me.

Those itx doesn't hit the blockchain in the first seconds. They are locked by MNs. What is the limit of tx a single MN can lock in the same time? Is there any cap?
Someone please clear that for me.

It's currently 60 minutes, then it clears the lock. I want to change the way that works in 12.1 though, so it will keep the lock until 6 confirmations. We could have a pretty big backlog and the transactions would still be safe if they were IX confirmed with that in place. That's probably the weakest like of the system at this point.

It's currently 60 minutes, then it clears the lock. I want to change the way that works in 12.1 though, so it will keep the lock until 6 confirmations. We could have a pretty big backlog and the transactions would still be safe if they were IX confirmed with that in place. That's probably the weakest like of the system at this point.
But how many InstantX transactions can one single MN lock in at the same time?

But how many InstantX transactions can one single MN lock in at the same time?

Single masternodes can't lock any transactions. First they have to be assigned to a quorum the task of reviewing a transaction, as part of that quorum they can lock 1 transaction. So for example, if there's 3000 masternodes and 3000 transactions , that means each masternode on average would take part in 300 quorums (they're quorums of 10 nodes each).

Single masternodes can't lock any transactions. First they have to be assigned to a quorum the task of reviewing a transaction, as part of that quorum they can lock 1 transaction. So for example, if there's 3000 masternodes and 3000 transactions , that means each masternode on average would take part in 300 quorums (they're quorums of 10 nodes each).
Thanks, Evan, this is a valuable info to know.

So how many tx a quorum(10 MNs) can take? Is it a matter of bandwidth or...please axplain??
If 30000 or more itx hit MN network, what then? Can a MN on average be a part of 3000 quorums or more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back