• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

My first (and probably last) visit to a Bitcoin vending machine!

Dunedoo

Foundation Member
I was getting all excited after reading that in Sydney Australia, we finally had a Bitcoin ATM installed.
I located the ATM and being excited like a little boy, had my $A500 ready to swap for Bitcoin. I started reading the instructions and my heart sank after I selected the option for over $300. It said I had to be registered, WTF, so I opted for the under $300 option and started to progress with the purchase until I was hit by a typical Sydney problem.

OUT OF ORDER!
ERROR: No Internet

F#%k me!
I went to Macca's instead.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
  • FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
I was getting all excited after reading that in Sydney Australia, we finally had a Bitcoin ATM installed.
I located the ATM and being excited like a little boy, had my $A500 ready to swap for Bitcoin. I started reading the instructions and my heart sank after I selected the option for over $300. It said I had to be registered, WTF, so I opted for the under $300 option and started to progress with the purchase until I was hit by a typical Sydney problem.

OUT OF ORDER!

F#%k me!

Bandwidth problem? Bitcoin uses a awful lot of it, if its the standard version ..

Bandwidth problem? Bitcoin uses a awful lot of it, if its the standard version ..
I don't know why they would go wireless, its one level underground, hidden behind stairs. I was really wanting to give it a go as well. I just need somewhere I can go to get btc fast without having to frig around with I.D and wait that's not in a back alley.

I don't know why they would go wireless, its one level underground, hidden behind stairs. I was really wanting to give it a go as well. I just need somewhere I can go to get btc fast without having to frig around with I.D and wait that's not in a back alley.

O dear, microwaves do not penetrate thick walls too well, also the shape of the building acts as a wave guide causing constructive and destructive interference resulting in wifi hot and cold spots.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...work-blanket-data-cloaks-citys-buildings.html

article-2377642-1AFA31E3000005DC-833_634x424.jpg

OUT OF ORDER!

F#%k me!
Where abouts in Sydney is the machine?

Back