• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to create a stable coin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Choose the best stablecoin development company like ICOCLONE to create stablecoin like USDC, TUSD,etc....

If you have an idea, Ping in whatsApp: 9500575285 or Telegram: coinzclone

Creating something linked to fiat and calling it "stable" is a joke. This isn't the dark ages, it's the 21st century, why are we trying to achieve stability by tweaking a few loosely connected variables when we can include it as a fundamental feature?

Is it possible to create a stablecoin without the team? I mean alone
Stable as in "linked to fiat" or stable as in genuinely stable? You'd need to be able to code reasonably well but creating another coin isn't all that difficult, it's usually done by cloning another coin and altering whichever of it's characteristics you want to change and a good number of tools have been developed to help with that.

From there simply linking to fiat is trivial, folks give you dollars, you give them an equal amount of coins and on the flip side, folks give you coins, you give them an equal amount of dollars. In an ideal world you'd have mechanisms to prove you actually hold all the dollars folks have given you so you can guarantee no-one will be left holding worthless tokens if lots of folks want their funds at the same time but in practice not even banks do that, it's called "fractional reserve".

The latter is fairly simple in principle too, you just need to link to something else that's stable. The suns output is a personal favourite but there are almost infinite other options, we're surrounded by stable real-world economies (soil nutrients, rainfall, atomic decay...) but actually making it work as a currency is tricky, you need mechanisms for moving coins in and out of circulation as demand varies. That doesn't seem all that difficult if demand remains relatively consistent but monetary economics has an unpleasant amplifying effect as it goes further off centre which causes things to go hyper, either hyper inflation of hyper deflation, quite hard to prevent but not impossible.

Stable as in "linked to fiat" or stable as in genuinely stable? You'd need to be able to code reasonably well but creating another coin isn't all that difficult, it's usually done by cloning another coin and altering whichever of it's characteristics you want to change and a good number of tools have been developed to help with that.

From there simply linking to fiat is trivial, folks give you dollars, you give them an equal amount of coins and on the flip side, folks give you coins, you give them an equal amount of dollars. In an ideal world you'd have mechanisms to prove you actually hold all the dollars folks have given you so you can guarantee no-one will be left holding worthless tokens if lots of folks want their funds at the same time but in practice not even banks do that, it's called "fractional reserve".

The latter is fairly simple in principle too, you just need to link to something else that's stable. The suns output is a personal favourite but there are almost infinite other options, we're surrounded by stable real-world economies (soil nutrients, rainfall, atomic decay...) but actually making it work as a currency is tricky, you need mechanisms for moving coins in and out of circulation as demand varies. That doesn't seem all that difficult if demand remains relatively consistent but monetary economics has an unpleasant amplifying effect as it goes further off centre which causes things to go hyper, either hyper inflation of hyper deflation, quite hard to prevent but not impossible.
Thank you for the explanation! I meant stable as in linked to fiat. And what if I don't want to clone another coin, I want to create my coin from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back