• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DEX are not anonymous anymore

The operator of IDEX on Nov. 1:"stating that increased regulatory enforcement and recent statements from a CFTC commissioner had led the company to believe that it could not continue to operate without a robust KYC/AML framework but would attempt to introduce the new measures with “as little friction as possible for users.”Not every project can be successfully launched in the shadows by Satoshi Nakamoto. So, we’ll call a spade a spade and address the semantics that seem to be driving this confusion. IDEX is not a ‘DEX’ in its current state. At this point the best way to describe IDEX is as a ‘non-custodial’ or ‘hybrid-decentralized’ exchange. The operations of a truly censorship resistant DEX would be unstoppable even in the face of pressure from nation states. None of the existing DEXs are censorship resistant — with DNS records that can be hijacked, and GitHub repositories to take down (certain elements of the stack are resistant, such as 0x & EtherDelta smart contracts, but there are non-resistant components that bring liquidity together). This means that at the end of the day, smart contract or not, every project may be subject to pressure from regulators.”

So this means that soon most of the DEX'es stop being decentralized in the fully meaning of that word?

Err, I don't think so. If they passed before the regulation, it doesn't meat that all other decentralized exchanges would do the same.

Err, I don't think so. If they passed before the regulation, it doesn't meat that all other decentralized exchanges would do the same.
Actually, nobody think before that any DEX do that. Who will be next? I hope Ethermium.com don't do that, if this happen - i will have no place to trade

Actually, nobody think before that any DEX do that. Who will be next? I hope Ethermium.com don't do that, if this happen - i will have no place to trade
Indeed. But switching over witha ll the fish in the sea (mentioned above) aint that hard. However, pitty 4 sure.

Back