• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dashd is not synching when downloaded from repository.

Menetar

Hi!

First of, nice to join you guys! I've just started exploring dash a few days ago and I'm somewhat stuck, I hope someone can give me a hand! ( I'm running ubuntu 16.04 )
I've downloaded from the dash repository using the following instructions I found:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dash.org/dash
sudo apt update
sudo apt install dashd dash-qt

I'm trying to run the deamon on my computer on testnet first, but several errors keep popping up on the logs. Mainly:
ipv6address :19999 failed: Network is unreachable (101)
ipv4 :19999 failed: Network is unreachable (101)
And after trying to fix it it now shows:
ipv4: :19999 failed after select(): Connection refused (111)

The repository provides the following version:

dash-cli getinfo | grep version
"version" : 120058,
"protocolversion" : 70103,
"walletversion" : 61000,

And for what I've read it is not the latest version, but the repository keeps providing this version. I'm trying to connect to the testnet do understand how it works and then to move to the mainnet.
My dash.conf file is as follows:

Code:
testnet=1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=****
rpcpassword=****

I've read it might have been that my firewall or ports. I've even gone as far as disabling ufw and there's still no change.
I hope someone can lend me a hand with this. Thank you for your time!

Menetar

Hi!

First of, nice to join you guys! I've just started exploring dash a few days ago and I'm somewhat stuck, I hope someone can give me a hand! ( I'm running ubuntu 16.04 )
I've downloaded from the dash repository using the following instructions I found:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dash.org/dash
sudo apt update
sudo apt install dashd dash-qt

I'm trying to run the deamon on my computer on testnet first, but several errors keep popping up on the logs. Mainly:
ipv6address :19999 failed: Network is unreachable (101)
ipv4 :19999 failed: Network is unreachable (101)
And after trying to fix it it now shows:
ipv4: :19999 failed after select(): Connection refused (111)

The repository provides the following version:

And for what I've read it is not the latest version, but the repository keeps providing this version. I'm trying to connect to the testnet do understand how it works and then to move to the mainnet.
My dash.conf file is as follows:

Code:
testnet=1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=****
rpcpassword=****

I've read it might have been that my firewall or ports. I've even gone as far as disabling ufw and there's still no change.
I hope someone can lend me a hand with this. Thank you for your time!

Menetar
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Like you've already noticed, the version in the repo is outdated. Currently there is no newer version available from a ppa, so you will need to download the dashd/dash-cli binaries from github and install them manually.

--> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases

Holger

Back