• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Empire: To The Moon (tabletop card game)

David Thomas

Hello wonderful Dash people

Nearly exactly a year ago I posted a pre-proposal for a Dash version of my tabletop card game Bitcoin Empire here on the Dash forums.

Since then, my card game has sold over 500 copies and it's currently on sale at All Things Decentral and many other online stores.

Now, I'm crowd funding the next edition of the game called Bitcoin Empire: To The Moon on Kickstarter. However I am struggling to reach my goal of £10,000 which I need to produce 1,500 copies of the game.

I propose that for just £10,000, I produce 1,500 copies of this game, renamed to Dash Empire and with four new character cards inspired by people in the Dash community, decided by the community. This will include the shipping of the games from China to the first 1,500 people that want one for free.

At this point, I simply want to get this game to as many people as possible. It's a fantastically enjoyable game that I have been playing with by bitcoin friends for the past 2 years and I want as many people as possible to learn it and enjoy it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not very much an adv person. So my knowledge is limited. You are basically suggesting that we support your game in exchange for it to become a vehicle for dash advertisement. Nevertheless my guess is that a board game has limited potentiality to reach enough people to really make a difference. Plus you would risk 5 dash trying to obtain 10000 £ which might mean a factor of 3:1 or 2:1. I think there is a serious risk that you would not get funded and lose your 5 dash. While recently I supported a game https://www.dashcentral.org/p/browser-game-powered-by-dash I would probably not support this. The difference being that the other one is online, has a grater chance to go viral, and the use of dash is integrated with the actual game. In your case it feels like something added after as an afterthought (well, it is, you said so :) ).

I played his game for bitcoin, it's unbelievably fun and amazing, for the price of only 10k pounds we will all get to play it. We can ship 1 game to each MNO and then give them out at events. I really think it could be a big ROI just because it's that fun and the price tag is so low.

great idea and good deal i believe
i would totally support that

Back