• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

what happens to the 5 dash when a proposal fails or passes?

Dashmaximalist

can someone explain exactly what happens to the 5 dash that people post for a proposal ?

what happens when the proposal fails , what happens when it passes

BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KICK IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
DIE ALREADY!!!!
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
DIE!!!!

Kinda like that..............

sounds like waste of dash , we need the inflation in the coins guys , why cant we add them to our treasury so that we get these 150 + dash extra

We don't need the inflation. Bitcoin, Dash and similar cryptocurrencies are valuable exactly because they are engineered to be deflationary.
Also, the amount of coins that are burned is negligible in relation to the amount that is created in the budget.

imagine we had zero inflation and are stuck at 7 million dash , our treasury will collaspse our mining would collapse every thing collapses

We are still far off the limit. Less then 50% of all Dash that will ever be created is created at the moment.
But same as for Bitcoin, miners and MNOs will be rewarded from the transaction fees when new coin generation stops.
I must admit, I don't know what happens to the budget. I guess that stops altogether... in 100 years or so

I don't think returning burned coins back into budget is a good idea but reducing 5 DASH by 7% just like the supply/available budget is probably a good one and should be pretty straightforward to implement. Later, proposal fee calculation could take tx fees into account (when supply is not the major part of the block reward anymore) but for now it's negligible.

I don't think returning burned coins back into budget is a good idea but reducing 5 DASH by 7% just like the supply/available budget is probably a good one and should be pretty straightforward to implement. Later, proposal fee calculation could take tx fees into account (when supply is not the major part of the block reward anymore) but for now it's negligible.
yes please , we should drop the fees from 5 dash to say 1 dash or even 0.5 dash , we are losing so many small guys because of this ..unfortunately

yes please , we should drop the fees from 5 dash to say 1 dash or even 0.5 dash , we are losing so many small guys because of this ..unfortunately

Is there any evidence of this? It can be hard to know if people don't speak up, but I'm interested if there have even been any proposals where you think it might have had a good chance to pass but the proposal owner was not able to provide or raise the 5 dash?

Back