• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

lets take down bolivar using #Firstdashwallet and facial recognition

Dashmaximalist

everyone agrees that firstdashwallet has been a huge success , its created a huge push and created awareness in nigeria and venezuela , we should capitalise on this idea with little tweaks like fighting fraud by using facial recognition ( asking the user to take a selfie ) and verifying a OTP to their phone number

step 1: users download the dash wallet from a referral link and verifies their profile by taking pic and OTP verification

step 2: user puts the referral code and get $5

step 3: now user shares their referral link and earns $5 for every one who signups using their referral code and verifies

simple shit , superbly effective

venezuela has population of 33 million with world's highest inflation rate of 2000% per year

now imagine if we manage to get 1 million users to sign up with our campaign ( we spend 10 million usd over a period of 1 year or so ). once we get 1 million users a revolution will begin in this country which is on the verge of hyperinflation

Once a million users start using dash, millions more will start using dash , hyperinflation gets worse as more users jump to dash

Bolivar will cease to be a functional currency , dash market cap will shoot up by 100x or more

everyone agrees that firstdashwallet has been a huge success , its created a huge push and created awareness in nigeria and venezuela , we should capitalise on this idea with little tweaks like fighting fraud by using facial recognition ( asking the user to take a selfie ) and verifying a OTP to their phone number

step 1: users download the dash wallet from a referral link and verifies their profile by taking pic and OTP verification

step 2: user puts the referral code and get $5

step 3: now user shares their referral link and earns $5 for every one who signups using their referral code and verifies

simple shit , superbly effective

venezuela has population of 33 million with world's highest inflation rate of 2000% per year

now imagine if we manage to get 1 million users to sign up with our campaign ( we spend 10 million usd over a period of 1 year or so ). once we get 1 million users a revolution will begin in this country which is on the verge of hyperinflation

Once a million users start using dash, millions more will start using dash , hyperinflation gets worse as more users jump to dash

Bolivar will cease to be a functional currency , dash market cap will shoot up by 100x or more

Ambitious. Very ambitious!

Lets do it!

:)

fighting fraud by using facial recognition ( asking the user to take a selfie ) and verifying a OTP to their phone number

Of course there is another way, but the MNOs don't care about anonymity at all, as long as this proposal is upvoted massively.
https://dashvotetracker.com/history.php?ProposalID=273

Lamassu proposal was the tombstone of the ATMs.
This proposal will evolve to the tombstone of the anonymity,
Go on stupids, reject anonymity and follow the eponymoys way.
This is exactly what the spies want.

:rolleyes::(

Yes of course. In order to have a truly secure and independant transport layer, you shouldnt rely at the state's backbone. You should use your own private backbones implemented (at least in the urban areas) with optical wireless mesh networks. In that case you really need a lot of nodes! 4000 nodes are not enough even for a single (big) town.

But of course Dash is designed to be a state dependant currency and to be easily banned by the state in case of emergency, because those were the imposed requirements. Dash may be temporarily used as a Troyan horse in order to attack foreign countries economies, but it shouldnt hurt the monetary system of the primary state which controls Dash. This is the underlying reason why the maximum number of the masternodes has been set to 10000 static IPs. Everything should be under control, and in case of emergency the total ban of the Dash network should be three clicks away.
:rolleyes::(

Maybe this would be a great feature to add into the Dash mobile wallet. but maybe instead of a selfie, it's simply a finger print. At least I know iPhones have finger print, not sure about how many androids do. But facial recognition will not stop someone from getting paid multiple times. The software isn't the greatest yet, it still recognized inanimate objects as faces lol.

Why nobody comments my prediction (marked red) ?

But of course Dash is designed to be a state dependant currency and to be easily banned by the state in case of emergency, because those were the imposed requirements. Dash may be temporarily used as a Troyan horse in order to attack foreign countries economies, but it shouldnt hurt the monetary system of the primary state which controls Dash. This is the underlying reason why the maximum number of the masternodes has been set to 10000 static IPs. Everything should be under control, and in case of emergency the total ban of the Dash network should be three clicks away.

You have already admitted that, with the help of @amanda_b_johnson, MNOs are using Dash to attack bolivar. I doubt whether amanda understands what she's doing, and how her actions reflect in the future. But now I have told her whats happening, and how MNOs are using her, she has no excuse anymore. She cannot claim she didnt knew.

Last edited:
This is the exact same system uber implemented in the beginning for uber to catch on. I'd say definitely work to create the system and when evolution can be used implement it because then we will actually have a use case.

Last edited:
This is the exact same system uber implemented in the beginning for uber to catch on. I'd say definitely work to create the system and when evolution can be used implement it because they we will actually have a use then.

And as long as dash is designed to protect the main dominant economy (due to the 10000 max limit of MNOs and the prohibition of MNOs anonymity) and at the same time used to attack the foreign countries weak economies, this is a sign that Dash is designed, supported and financed (directly or indirectly) by state agents.
Do you agree?

cheap android phones dont have finger print sensors unfortunately , but facial recognition is pretty good these days and incase of doubt
Why nobody comments my prediction (marked red) ?

You have already admitted that, with the help of @amanda_b_johnson, MNOs are using Dash to attack bolivar. I doubt whether amanda understands what she's doing, and how her actions reflect in the future. But now I have told her whats happening, and how MNOs are using her, she has no excuse anymore. She cannot claim she didnt knew.
sorry i dont get what you are impying / intending .

I personally think amanda has done a brilliant campaign , and we need more of it

Your assumption that the state could shutdown a crypto is a far fetched thing and personally i would like to see it play it out ( once 10% of state start using a technology it becomes very very difficult to shut things down easily )

but having said that , should we manage to get a reasonable user base in a country where currencies are collapsing we have shot at becoming really big and we should all take this idea very very seriously

Maybe this would be a great feature to add into the Dash mobile wallet. but maybe instead of a selfie, it's simply a finger print. At least I know iPhones have finger print, not sure about how many androids do. But facial recognition will not stop someone from getting paid multiple times. The software isn't the greatest yet, it still recognized inanimate objects as faces lol.

most cheap android phones dont have finger print sensor but every phone can take a selfie, btw the accuracy of facial recognition is something like 99% right now and we can a manual verification in the backend when the system is not very confident , instead of the current strategy where we have to manually verify every single picture

most cheap android phones dont have finger print sensor but every phone can take a selfie, btw the accuracy of facial recognition is something like 99% right now and we can a manual verification in the backend when the system is not very confident , instead of the current strategy where we have to manually verify every single picture
Maybe we have a much larger problem to solve fundamentally. We should allow someone to hold an identity using our blockchain. Identity is a fundamental financial part of the current system, without an identity you cannot own a car, you cannot own a house, you cannot claim you actually earned your degree.

Anonymous identity of course until given out to whoever you choose. Possibility to even stay anonymous and still sell your house / car to someone else. It would need to be confirmed though through the current system at first I think. Saying bring your issued IDs and your house deed/car deed to us and we will create you can have an identity on our blockchain.

Of course users can also choose not to have an identity, but they will be missing out on the ability to own a car/house.

But that's long term thoughts haha I'm a long term thinker. Facial recognition could work possibly for now haha

Maybe we have a much larger problem to solve fundamentally. We should allow someone to hold an identity using our blockchain. Identity is a fundamental financial part of the current system, without an identity you cannot own a car, you cannot own a house, you cannot claim you actually earned your degree.

Anonymous identity of course until given out to whoever you choose. Possibility to even stay anonymous and still sell your house / car to someone else. It would need to be confirmed though through the current system at first I think. Saying bring your issued IDs and your house deed/car deed to us and we will create you can have an identity on our blockchain.

Of course users can also choose not to have an identity, but they will be missing out on the ability to own a car/house.

A web-of-trust can be used to prove individuality, while respecting anonymity at the same time.

Additionally cryptoparty assemblies can be used, in order to prove individuality whithout revealing identity. There is a scheme where people participate (bodily, physically) in a cryptoparty, and they put their public keys (printed in QR code) inside a physical ballot box. Then the ballot box opens, we count that the persons that participated are equal to the number of public keys extracted from the physical ballot box, everybody agrees that his public key is inside the list of public keys, and this list of public keys can be used for now on as a proof of individuality, while preserving anonymity at the same time. And of course a web of trust among those assemblies can also be established.

So there are solutions if we want to have anonymity, privacy, democracy, proof-of-individuality and basic income at the same time.

So if you took part in a cryptoparty assembly, then you have a proof of your individuality, without revealing who or what you are. And thus whatever public key is certified in this assembly can own a car, or a house. And with this public key (which is approved in the assembly) you can buy and sell things, while remaining anonymous at the same time.

In the society of the future, people will gather in these assemblies every 4 years, in the same way they gather today to elect the president.

Last edited:
So if you took part in a cryptoparty assembly, then you have a proof of your individuality, without revealing who or what you are. And thus whatever public key is certified in this assembly can own a car, or a house. And with this public key (which is approved in the assembly) you can buy and sell things, while remaining anonymous at the same time.

In the society of the future, people will gather in these assemblies every 4 years, in the same way they gather today to elect the president.
It also allows for exactly what you just mentioned as well. local voting, Certified citizen of whatever city or country you'll have an individual vote. Because in the end we will need to become organization but, This allows for complete control still for citizens.

I was even thinking it might include a proposal system like we currently have. All tax money piles up and it's all given to proposals, such as a police force , firefighters, construction workers, etc. all hired by citizens of a city. At anytime someone could try to offer a better service. And if the tax money isn't used it could possibly be given back to citizens.

That's how I see the future. But that's a long time from now and that's my imagination going wild haha, hopefully someday. If that happens we are all billionaires for sure haha

That's how I see the future. But that's a long time from now and that's my imagination going wild haha, hopefully someday. If that happens we are all billionaires for sure haha

You may become rich, and I wish you to become if this is what you desire.
But I am a universal dividend advocate, and I abstain from richness.

I actually heard about those a long time ago, maybe 3 years when it was first developed! I think that's definitely the future of how Internet will work. I think blockchain can give it a way to pay people to run nodes :)
Yes exactly .... With mesh network internet becomes uncencorsed.

have you heard of MESH NETWORK and its resistance to network shutdown ??

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/how-wireless-mesh-networks-work.htm

Lol, 2 UK towns got them set up way back before everyone was on the net and the persistence in trying to close them down was incredible, media scaremongering, telcos taking folks to court for sharing their connections etc. As far as I know they're both still humming along nicely and dozens more towns have stable meshes with good coverage. They've been a huge help in many crisis situations too, communications would have been practically non-existent without them in some recent natural disasters. Thankfully never needed Serval but it's an app I always keep handy.

Anyway... That sounds like a damn good plan! ID could well be an issue and if facial recognition isn't standalone (ie. done by some megadatacorp) and provably destroyed if requested it could be a hard-ish sell.
Plenty of reason to request saving of ID details though, digital IDs are coming whether we like it or not and that really needs to be voluntary open source and user controlled ID systems. This plan has one of the key points of making ID systems useful beyond simple verification and that's the connections between users, B was referred by A, C by B, etc. It's a basis of a web of trust and they're got huge potential.

Back