• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Kill Proposal Fee Before it Kills Us (Poll)

Kill Proposal Fee for 3 Months?

• YES - Kill it - Maximize our advantage!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No - I don't want Dash to succeed

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

djcrypto

Dash Could be #1

As we know, our Treasury Funds are a *potential* major advantage that Dash has over our competition, if we can spend it well!

We have over hundreds of thousands of USD equivalent unspent every month and I believe that the proposal fee is actually a major handicap - preventing potentially awesome people with creative ideas from helping the Dash project.

With the Proposal Template as a filter, we can open up the doors to the masses who dare to spend the time to come up with an idea and create a proposal - a daunting task in and of itself. Blacklist the proposals that don't follow the Template - that will be our gate keeper.

We also require a trusted escrow service to hold the funds for performance milestones of every proposal.
This should be integrated into the Proposal Template. Options?

Arguments Against Proposal Fee:

- Since our network is still relatively unknown in the world, largely only smart young people and/or smaller net worth individuals and nerds know about Dash, little own people who will take the time to make a proposal. Most professionals have high paying jobs, families and hobbies and couldn't GAF about Dash. "High quality proposals" from professionals will be few and far between, regardless of proposal fee. This should not be our goal or target demographic at this point.

-Trying to prevent "spam" by having a ~$1000 USD entry fee is not only preventing young people and lower net worth individuals with potentially creative ideas from proposing them and contributing to the project but also DASH is losing the potential awesome impact of these ideas that aren't even shown the light of day. We are limiting our Proposals to a small demographic of people who have been in crypto - this is ludicrous.

- Ryan Taylor is hiring a top-tier marketing company that will satisfy much of the "Professional, high quality proposal" aspects that the "no" MNO votes have been concerned about. Therefore, the "mass market education and marketing" will be handled by a top-tier pro marketing firm and what we actually need is small, grassroots type marketing campaigns that educates people and offers incentives to use Dash.

- The proposal fee puts up a psychological barrier that one has to have some type of membership to an exclusive economic status club to be able to contribute to Dash project. We should be more open-minded and present ourselves as a community that accepts ideas from people from any economic background.

End the proposal fee for a period of 3 months and see what effect it has.

Vote "Yes" to open proposals up to the free market and maximize the advantage of the Dash Treasury!

I totally think we need to lower the fee to around $100-$200. It's frustrating it's not a bigger priority. I don't see anyone voting for a zero fee setup. My understanding is the next software release would have to have the new price coded. Therefore it would be harder to make it temporary.

TwsiVlT.png

On Quora such poll would be flagged as "not interested in genuine answer".

Your argument might be well articulated, but I can't take this seriously when your poll options are absurdly biased.

Dash Could be #1

As we know, our Treasury Funds are a *potential* major advantage that Dash has over our competition, if we can spend it well!

We have over hundreds of thousands of USD equivalent unspent every month and I believe that the proposal fee is actually a major handicap - preventing potentially awesome people with creative ideas from helping the Dash project.

With the Proposal Template as a filter, we can open up the doors to the masses who dare to spend the time to come up with an idea and create a proposal - a daunting task in and of itself. Blacklist the proposals that don't follow the Template - that will be our gate keeper.

We also require a trusted escrow service to hold the funds for performance milestones of every proposal.
This should be integrated into the Proposal Template. Options?

Arguments Against Proposal Fee:

- Since our network is still relatively unknown in the world, largely only smart young people and/or smaller net worth individuals and nerds know about Dash, little own people who will take the time to make a proposal. Most professionals have high paying jobs, families and hobbies and couldn't GAF about Dash. "High quality proposals" from professionals will be few and far between, regardless of proposal fee. This should not be our goal or target demographic at this point.

-Trying to prevent "spam" by having a ~$1000 USD entry fee is not only preventing young people and lower net worth individuals with potentially creative ideas from proposing them and contributing to the project but also DASH is losing the potential awesome impact of these ideas that aren't even shown the light of day. We are limiting our Proposals to a small demographic of people who have been in crypto - this is ludicrous.

- Ryan Taylor is hiring a top-tier marketing company that will satisfy much of the "Professional, high quality proposal" aspects that the "no" MNO votes have been concerned about. Therefore, the "mass market education and marketing" will be handled by a top-tier pro marketing firm and what we actually need is small, grassroots type marketing campaigns that educates people and offers incentives to use Dash.

- The proposal fee puts up a psychological barrier that one has to have some type of membership to an exclusive economic status club to be able to contribute to Dash project. We should be more open-minded and present ourselves as a community that accepts ideas from people from any economic background.

End the proposal fee for a period of 3 months and see what effect it has.

Vote "Yes" to open proposals up to the free market and maximize the advantage of the Dash Treasury!
I agree entirely. Either reduce the fee or find a way to eliminate it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Most professionals have high paying jobs, families and hobbies and couldn't GAF about Dash. "High quality proposals" from professionals will be few and far between, regardless of proposal fee. This should not be our goal or target demographic at this point.

I don't get it. Why can't highly paid professionals afford high fees?

Do you actually know how many full time, full pay developers dash has at the moment?

I don't get it. Why can't highly paid professionals afford high fees?

Do you actually know how many full time, full pay developers dash has at the moment?
Highly paid professionals don't gaf because they're busy with their jobs and aren't risk taking entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs are risk takers and need all the financial help they can get.

Highly paid professionals don't gaf because they're busy with their jobs and aren't risk taking entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs are risk takers and need all the financial help they can get.

Q: What is discretionary spending"

A 5 Dash fee does come off as not so subtlety telling new potential independent proposal owners to stay away from the treasury stash.

A 5 Dash fee does come off as not so subtlety telling new potential independent proposal owners to stay away from the treasury stash.

It tells new potential independent all proposal owners to stay away from the treasury stash if they can't make a compelling case that they will deliver positive ROI for the network.

I'm still in favor of proposal fee refunds though for proposals that achieve a positive yes/no ratio even if they don't pass

The fee needs to be lowered a bit, true -- but getting rid of it completely for any length of time will lead to network spam campaign perpetrated by the usual suspects (XMR fans, BTC maximalists, etc.).

Oh and biased poll is biased, lol.

And that's a good thing. You get paid a lot for proposals which bring value to the network. We should not make it cheap to get free money.
The prices would come closer to market rate if the fees came down to Earth. Right now, everyone's charging a risk premium because it's rational to do so. Low supply, high prices, poor selection.

I'm certainly not in favor of eliminating the fee, though. I think everyone on this thread is mainly on the same page so far.

I'd be curious how a 1-2% listing fee would work, perhaps with a minimum and maximum.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone.

I am one of the entrepreneurs of this community, I just submited my first proposal.

I am not in favor of eliminating the fee.

Actually, I think it is a good way to make sure we take proposals seriously, and, if needed, raising funds for the fee is also a way of having a taste of the support the proposal will have from MNOs.

What about this idea:

Come to an agreement of a referential minimum and maximum in FIAT, maybe USD, and if the fee goes below or above those limits, then it can be revised.

I'm still in favor of proposal fee refunds though for proposals that achieve a positive yes/no ratio even if they don't pass

I also support that.

Back